THR Surgery done, doing well at home

Added it here so it would be in my recovery thread [emoji16]

Ended Percocet @ 2 wks and started driving. Down to 1 crutch at that time.

This week:
I have overdone it a bit b/c my family is visiting...

That being said ~ I started sleeping through the night at 3 weeks exactly... 5 nights in a row!!

Told by Dr on Tues (3 wks 1 day) no restrictions... "If it hurts, don't do it." End crutches and aspirin.

If I am well rested, I can walk with barely a limp.

What I can describe it as now... it feels like my thigh is a bit heavy, like I got hit with a baseball and it bruised to the bone... which it truly was bone deep!!

The numb radius, around the scar, is alot smaller now too!

My scar is all closed and from the top is starting to fade already to a light pink. Still sensitive...

Currently, I am taking 2 ibuprofen 3x a day and icing 2-3x a day.

It really does improve almost daily!!!

Mandasmom

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
I like the advice From Your Doc.
" If it hurts don't do it "
Smart Doc.
Well done so far.
Joe.....
 
I walked 1/2 a mile today!!! My daughter went with me. I just got yhe idea in my head , goy dressed and went.
Tomorrow we agreed earlier is better as it was slready 105 degrees outside at 2pm.
Lots of water!!!


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Hi, I am one week ahead of you in recovery. My surgery was on 5/30. Do you have access to a gym? In that heat you might want to walk indoors on a treadmill. It's great to work on your gait. I walked 2.7 miles at week 4.5, but was really sore the next day. Everyone on the forum told me I walked too far. I have been good for the last week, short walks and lots of ice and elevation. My leg is still really swollen. You sound like you are doing great. I am surprised the doctor let you sleep on your stomach. I can hardly wait!!!
 
Yes, i go to Planet fitness but just had the thought and went for it!!
I'll go at 8 tomorrow when it is only 92. Take water with me
Drs quote... "if it hurts, don't do it"
I even wake up with my knee up next to me... how I used to sleep!
I am trying to keep it straight consciously!!
Yes... ice, elevate, repeat


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
I have a question/concern... over the past couple days I have had this 'rash?' On my leg next to my incision. (Edge is about 1.5 inches away) Most of it is on the numb area, but as I get to the part that isnt, it itches that ahhhhh kind of feels good relief to scratch kind of itch. It looks like blisters but isn't. Hives? Should I be concerned?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
So glad to hear your recovery is going well @ mandasmom!! We tend to overdue when we feel better..we just want to get back to some normal life....the first couple days post op I could car less if my house fell down!!! Now at 3 weeks everything is bothering me...I pick a couple things to do everyday and not overdo it...ice and elevate after my exercises and any other little chores i find...I now kind of know my limits...my body will tell me and I won't push it...I get off my feet!! You will be able to do more and more as the weeks progress...so glad you are doing well!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom