Recent content by smrt2run

  1. smrt2run

    THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

    zauberflöte No worries, I usually get an email to alert me. It's so easy to forget as time goes by. I guess that is a good thing. Picking up my "new" car tomorrow. So excited!
  2. smrt2run

    THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

    Glad to see you are doing well. I'm shopping for a new used car. It makes surgery seem like a breeze.
  3. smrt2run

    THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

    Slow and steady! I never used any ankle weights at PT and was curious why. Stopped by to tell you that I will finally be making my brownies haha. My dad gave me the nutella so I figured I would try and make them for Father's Day. Secretly I want one or two myself.
  4. smrt2run

    Too Large/Too Young?

    Yes, I did have my surgery done at HSS. Am curious as to who you saw there?
  5. smrt2run

    Bilateral THR Smrt2run's new hips.

    Oh I haven't seen it either. I'm doing really good, I cannot complain. I've added more physical stuff to my routine at work and it hasn't bothered me. Everyone else is concerned but I keep reminding them that I am not a martyr. Time certainly does fly, I can't believe how long it has been. I had...
  6. smrt2run

    THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

    zauberflöte It's a shame that I discovered my love for CSI Miami now that I am back at work haha. I wish I had more time to sit and watch it. I'm doing well. Sometimes the hip let's me know that it is there, but most of the time I'm out and about. Hope you are recovering well!
  7. smrt2run

    32/m Double Hip Replacement

    You're really the only person who can decide whether or not to go forward with the wedding and or surgery. From my own person opinion (being on the other side), I think you will regret not being able to do things like walk comfortably down the aisle , dance without pain and all of the other...
  8. smrt2run

    THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

    I'm trying to follow all of this but am completely lost haha. Seems like you are doing well though.
  9. smrt2run

    Lost in the wilderness...

    murrinholi Yeah I have no real complaints about the surgery itself. It's pretty much not how you'd like to spend your time, but completely doable. I guess I just felt it was necessary in order to function in a way I wanted. I'm sure you will reach a point or already have where you know it's...
  10. smrt2run

    Lost in the wilderness...

    I had both AVN and a BTHR at 24 (a few months ago in March). Best decision I had made. The sooner that you get it done, the faster that you get back to doing what normal twenty somethings like us do. The doctors that I spoke with here did not even entertain the option of a core decompression...
  11. smrt2run

    Bilateral THR Smrt2run's new hips.

    BarbaraR I'm doing really well actually, thanks so much for checking in. Thing are about as normal as they are going to get. Got caught in an awful downpour today and tried to run to shelter haha. The body didn't move with any speed so I ended up getting soaked. :boohoo:Ironically also today was...
  12. smrt2run

    THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

    Hey! Glad to see you are doing so well. All buildup really, once its done there is light at the end of the tunnel.
  13. smrt2run

    Need Both Hips Replaced

    Never was offered any kind of cortisone shot before my BTHR, but am quite glad that I had the chance to just get it over it haha. I know that I was in a similar situation with one completely bone on bone. The OS was surprised that the supposedly better of the two was actually worse than he...
  14. smrt2run

    Hi I'm new here but I brought brownies!

    zauberflöte Ah you're so close! Just checking in...
  15. smrt2run

    Second THR wooohooo

    Inspiration Hey! Sorry it has taken so long to get back on here. I'm really a big proponent of getting both done at the same time if it is an option. It was difficult in the first few weeks but felt I turned a corner after about 3 weeks. I went back to work after about 8 weeks and I'm on my feet...
Back
Top Bottom