Second THR wooohooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in late summer mine began to crack, now boy oh boy, it snaps, crackles and pops all the way down my leg. It was in Sept. that I had to give up yoga, because I made so much noise, and could not get into any of the positions, especially on my left side.
 
@sandybeac, my right new hip is good i feel it’s getting more and more stable and stronger. Still I have little pain near the incision area and some numbness at the posterior side of my hip. (My surgery was very complex and I have a bone graft in my femur and pelvis).

I am doing PT at home and 2 sessions of hydro in a week.

Last visit to my OS was on May 1, 2013 – he told me it depends on me and my strength if I feel confident enough to walk I should.

I am still on 2 crutches, I don’t know why I can’t start walking, I tried to walk with one crutch but it’s difficult. I think may be because from my bad hip I can't put enough weight on it and when I tried to walk its clicks immediately and move.

I also noticed that my unoperated leg become more stiffness I can't reach it, lifted up or abduct it without a lot of pain. My whole body weight is on the operated leg.
 
Inspiration welcome to bonesmart!! We ought to see if we can get smrt2run to check in here-- he's 24 and had both hips replaced at once maybe 6-7 weeks ago. There is someone else in their 20's too, but I can't remember who...
You will enjoy good times here, help you to manage the pain as you wait for September to roll around. :)
 
Inspiration, You did have a lot of work done in that hip of your's so you do need to take care of it. It sounds like the doctors are taking good care of you with the PT you're getting. If you want to start walking a little on that new hip and you said it's difficult with crutches, have you tried a cane? You had your Right hip done so you would use the cane with your left hand. I didn't use crutches but a cane worked great for me. Your hips sound like so many on here. My hips were so painful I could hardly walk before surgery. I lost most of my rotation and then the muscles that you're not using quit working too. It will come back for you in time and you will see so much more improvement once you have your second hip done....that one is holding you back now. Your doctor said to go ahead and walk if you feel confident enough...practice a little at a time around your home. You should see improvement little by little as those muscles start to regain their strength again.
 
Hi @Zauberflote, Thank you for your post. its will be nice to hear from smrt2run experience.

Hope for both of you a speedy and easy recovery.:flwrysmile:
 
sandybeach, thanks a lot for your words and advises, i am using 2 crutches now, i tried to walk with one but i couldn't lift my legs, I also tried the cane and its still difficult i feel my feet are stuck in the ground, but i am still practicing and hoping to success one time.

I am now feeling very down and lonely, this operation not easy and i can't imagine that i have to redo the process again
 
Inspiration Keep on with what you're doing. All the activity is giving strength to your legs. One exercise my PT had me do after my first surgery and before my second was stand close to a wall in your house so you can hold on to it if you need to, have both feet on the floor, and switch your weight back and forth between legs. You want to concentrate on the good leg so if you can't put weight on the bad leg just do this for the good one. I know exactly what you're saying about having to go through it all a second time....my second time was 4 weeks ago. After your second time it will go better because then you will be looking at total recovery, now you're half there and everything you do is restricted because of that bad hip. I know you will be excited when September gets here and you can look at your future pain free. I didn't think I would be saying this but right now I am pain free. First time in over a year that I can say that. I do still get some muscle aches, I'm far from being totally healed but I can sit and move around and not have that constant pain anymore. Do you ice your hip area? If not start doing that.
 
Inspiration, Sorry to hear you are feeling down at the moment. Having just had my second op I know exactly what it is like. You feel held back by the leg that still needs the op. I found it difficult to progress until the second op was done. The recovery is going much better now I'm not held back by the pain. You will get there. If you are feeling low you can come on here and there is always someone to talk to. It helped me talking about things knowing that the others on here know what it is like. Its a roller coaster up and down emotionally and physically.
Sending Big Hugs Barbara
 
Inspiration Hey! Sorry it has taken so long to get back on here. I'm really a big proponent of getting both done at the same time if it is an option. It was difficult in the first few weeks but felt I turned a corner after about 3 weeks. I went back to work after about 8 weeks and I'm on my feet the entire time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom