Recent content by silty1

  1. silty1

    TKR PT anyone?

    I have had both knees replaced and a rotator cuff repair. Cannot stress enough the importance of Physical Therapy Post-Op. It can make the difference between a functional new joint and one that is stiff and painful. PT can literally be a pain on follow-through, there were many days when I had to...
  2. silty1

    PKR Second TKR, day and night difference.

    Last April, I had my second knee replaced. The recovery has been totally different, especially when it comes to pain management. I had both knees done at the same practice, different docs. Had my first done in 2016 and my doctor left to take a teaching position, so he passed me to a colleague...
  3. silty1

    2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    I am scheduled for RPKR on April 9th. Had a LTKR in April of 2016. Although I did well with the left, am hoping a partial will be a quicker recovery. Last one caused me to miss spring gardening season, so hope I'll rebound a little quicker this time.
  4. silty1

    Bilateral TKR 15month update....finally normal

    You are very brave to have a bilateral... I can't imagine. Don't know what I would have done without my "good leg". Did you make it to the wedding?
  5. silty1

    PKR Eileen's knee journey.

    Talk to your doc about pain meds. They gave me Oxy and Percocet immediately post op and nothing touched my pain. Finally tried Dilaudid (that was a trip, but only for 2 weeks) and it made a world of difference. Then on to Percocet for a month. I felt like a different person. I would still be...
  6. silty1

    TKR Here she comes just a walkin' down the street

    Hang in there, just take your time.... Where do you live? My hubby is from Traverse City area. Didn't know there were islands in the lake.
  7. silty1

    TKR 8 weeks post op<

    Speak with your doc about pain meds. It was difficult for me to stay on pain meds for so long. But too much pain, even it you think you're a tough guy, can impede your progress. I had a replacement in April '16 and have been taking a very low dose of Trammadol - not for my new knee, but for my...
  8. silty1

    TKR Wobbley knee

    Rule #1: Don't set your recovery by everyone else's timelines. So many variables involved - your age, weight, general health status, support systems, the list is a long one. Did I feel better after 2-3 months? Yep. Did I feel whole? It's been six months and I still have occasional bad days - but...
  9. silty1

    Doubting my decision

    I had a TKR last April. I put it off way too long. All the time I was hobbling around on my bad knee, my gait was causing pain in my back, my legs and my feet. TKR was not a walk in the park, but neither was it the worst thing I have ever experienced. The surgical pain is bearable if it leads to...
  10. silty1

    Sleep Apnea

    Subject came up in my hospital Joint Class. Anesthesiologist said to bring your CPAP if you use one because they will have to adjust it to make allowances for pain meds.
  11. silty1

    A wasted year.

    Great news! First case is awesome too. I think I am second case, I have an 8:30 show. Happy with that time, will be somewhat awake in time for Judge Judy....
  12. silty1

    Anaesthesia-help!

    Target in two weeks, something to look forward to. Problem is I am dangerous in one of those electric carts.
  13. silty1

    Muscle in groin feels pulled. Hurt everywhere

    I am hoping that the pain in my feet will subside once my gait returns to normal.
  14. silty1

    A wasted year.

    How was Hawaii? We lived there for 3 years compliments of the Air Force and it turned out to be the best gift they ever gave us. Glad you made the trip - Now on to surgery.
  15. silty1

    When did you decide surgery was the right option?

    A majority of people will tell you "I'm sorry I waited so long". Another consideration is that the long term use of NSAIDs (Aleve, Advil, Celebrex, etc) could be bad news for your heart and kidneys. Naproxen (Aleve) is the only thing that even minimally controls my pain right now, and I only...
Back
Top Bottom