BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jan 3, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Is April the month you plan to find the pot of gold at the end of your rainbow? Congratulations!!! And we invite you to join the BoneSmart group, April Rainbows. As a team, you will have people like yourself going through surgery at the same time to talk with. We find this works really well to deal with concerns and provide support to each other.

Let us know your surgery date and join the group!

2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 April 2018 Magman
    09 April 2018 Pairodocs, Ewok (her second), silty (partial), ATHIKER (her second)
    25 April 2018 Hawthorne
    27 April 2018 farsteve

3. farsteve

farsteve new member

Hi, I will be having total knee replacement surgery April 27. After approx. four years of pain. I have decided to take the leap. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. bottomshollow

april 35.jpg @farsteve, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

5. Pairodocs

Pairodocs new member

Hi, I'm having my right knee replaced April 9th. I've had a lot of joint replacements before, and all have gone well. But everyone tells me this will be the worse. I'm delighted to find this site. I joined the Totally Hip group for my hip replacement and they were very helpful to me in getting through it. I'm sure this group will be every bit as helpful for my knee surgery.

6. Ewok

Ewok new member

I am having my second tkr April 9.

7. bottomshollow

april 15.jpg @Pairodocs, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

8. bottomshollow

april 31.jpg @Ewok, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

9. silty1

silty1 junior member

I am scheduled for RPKR on April 9th. Had a LTKR in April of 2016. Although I did well with the left, am hoping a partial will be a quicker recovery. Last one caused me to miss spring gardening season, so hope I'll rebound a little quicker this time.

10. bottomshollow

april 81.jpg @silty1, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

11. Willie N

Willie N new member

Make sure you’ve got strong quads and a good attitude. An Ossur cold water pump will do miracles in rehab/reducing post-op swelling

12. Magman

Magman new member

RTKR - April 5, 2018
    64 year old male
    Injured the knee 33 years ago. Finsihed off the ACL in 2010.
    Misaligned 15 deg valgus
    Dreading the surgery as I don't really hurt much.
    Doing the surgery because the of the valgus alignment is getting more extreme and the OS warns doing it later will potentially make it hard to get a good out come.

13. bottomshollow

april 47.jpg @Magman, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

14. Hawthorne

Hawthorne junior member

Canada Canada
    My right TKR is scheduled for April 25! I have a vulgas (knock knee) deformity, which caused a break in both bones in my lower leg, because I tried to keep walking (with a walker). The surgeon may have to put a "stabilizer" of some kind, at the break.

15. bottomshollow

april 56.jpg @Hawthorne, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

16. lovetocookandsew

lovetocookandsew supremo

My revision has been scheduled for April 19th.

17. Hawthorne

Hawthorne junior member

Canada Canada
    Hi Kim! I see you have had this knee since 2014, and a couple of other procedures - on the knee since then. Hope the revision goes well for you! You might find some people who have had revisions. on the board. They can tell you about that situation.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ATHIKER

ATHIKER member

Went to Dr today and my right knee is doing well so I'll be having the left done on April 9.

19. ATHIKER

ATHIKER member

We will be having the other knee on the same day. Makes for buddies

20. bottomshollow

april 8.jpg @lovetocookandsew , you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome backre to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

• Like Like x 1