Recent content by Shellbelle

  1. Shellbelle

    2017 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    Right total hip scheduled for September 7, 2017
  2. Shellbelle

    Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

    Hi Izzy!! So glad to hear you are doing so well! I am so glad you are, and have been moved to rehab. The menu sounds wonderful too. My appetite still is just not there and it is becoming difficult to eat what I know I should be eating. I think we have figured out my woozy (yes, that should...
  3. Shellbelle

    TKR Reached the other side

    Hi Rich, Congrats on your surgery and being on the recovery side now. The first week will have it's ups and downs, but you will be amazed at what your new knee can do! I know I was. I am still amazed every day at the progress in healing and ROM. Remember all the Bonesmart advice and...
  4. Shellbelle

    TKR Blue skies and a new knee

    Hello Lee! Glad you found me and popped in for a visit. I actually don't know how much help the CPM machine is, but I actually love it. I is soothing and I usually nap while it is doing it's thing. I think it helps with the stiffness I get in my knee and I always ice after I have been on it. My...
  5. Shellbelle

    TKR Time to Veg Out!

    Kathy, I swear I snorted out loud (SOL) when I read you hoped there wouldn't be any false teeth in the bathroom!! I have to admit I slacked off a bit on my home exercises over the weekend. I did manage most of the time on the CPM machine..I find it soothing and can usually take a nap while it...
  6. Shellbelle

    Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

    Hi Izzie! And ate your veggies too. Extra points. Hope things are well, pain is controlled and you have had your maiden voyage on your knees without passing out like I did!! Just something to laugh about now. BP is slowly going back to normal. I have cut back on Percocet by adding Tramadol...
  7. Shellbelle

    Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

    Welcome to the other side!! I have been watching for you and you have been in my thoughts! I am so happy things went well and you have your two new knees. :yes!: Rest as much as they will let you in the hospital, and even if the meals aren't that appetizing...eat your protein and drink your...
  8. Shellbelle

    Bilateral TKR Eastside85: On The Other Side

    Oh Barb, I am sorry you hit a little bump in the road. But I expect all of us have or are going to at some point. We get to feeling good, we over-estimate the energy it takes to even do simple things and WHAM! We get reminded!! Sounds like you had no serious set-back, and bless your family! My...
  9. Shellbelle

    TKR Blue skies and a new knee

    Good Morning (here at least!) all my friends! Marie, it was so good to hear from you! I think of you all the time and am so glad you popped in for a visit. Pain medication, I have discovered, is a necessary evil for some of us! We need it to heal but on the other hand the side effects are not...
  10. Shellbelle

    Bilateral TKR Eastside85: On The Other Side

    Hi Barb! A little bit late, but HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you. It sound like you had a wonderful day and I must say the quiche and Focaccia bread sounds wonderful. I an finding my appetite is still not there. I eat because I know I need the calories and protein to heal, and because of not wanting...
  11. Shellbelle

    BTKR -- May 13, 2013 **Pre-Op Journey**

    Hi Izzie!! I hope you are in dreamland right now getting some much needed sleep before surgery. Chances are though, you are restless and cannot turn your brain off! You have been so busy getting ready....and here it is already. Wow, the time went by fast! I can't believe I and already 2 1/2...
  12. Shellbelle

    Bilateral TKR KNEE, KNEE, HOORAY

    Welcome home and Happy Belated Mother's Day!! You sound like you are doing just grand!! I send a big congrats on that shower you took!! I still have to have someone here with me because of the blood pressure or whatever is going on. But at least today I got in AND out by myself and also managed...
  13. Shellbelle

    TKR Time to Veg Out!

    Hi Kathy, glad you did ok at home for Mother's day! (except for the laundry...my grandson's always come home from their dad's with laundry too...!) The plant is a nice spot of color for your dungeon! I am getting around better every day too. Very thankful for the ice packs I made though. I...
  14. Shellbelle

    TKR Blue skies and a new knee

    Hi Diana, My Mother's day was wonderful! My daughter brought breakfast here to cook and the grandkids and I feasted. Then she stayed so I could take a shower! It is the simple things sometimes that make me so very grateful. My neighbor cooked us dinner so it was a very nice day. I am certainly...
  15. Shellbelle

    BTKR -- May 13, 2013 **Pre-Op Journey**

    Hi Izzie, I had to stop and say HI before I powered down for the night. Today has been kind of an "off day", just a little lacking in my normal zest that is usually there even if there is some pain. So I rested, napped, TRIED to eat and chalk it up to the healing process and my stupid blood...
Back
Top Bottom