Recent content by Shazzstars

  1. Shazzstars

    THR gardengal made to recovery

    So glad garden gal that it's all going so well. I don't think I have to confidence for waterskiing but good on you. I'm not running don't want jarring either. I'm 6mths out too and need to visit the dentist, I received a print from my OS about dental procedures and antibiotics my OS father is...
  2. Shazzstars

    THR Hi I'm back..

    Ahh good to hear @Pony. You use so much energy on crutches. ❣
  3. Shazzstars

    THR New Hip Pain Free

    @keepmovin yes well I was very lucky with my OS, I unfortunately don't have private health insurance and I was waiting on our public health system list and after 1 and half years we made the decision to pay for the new hip outright. So I chose very carefully. It was quite a sm cup size from...
  4. Shazzstars

    THR New Hip Pain Free

    Thanks @Jaycey.. I will carry them around in the car just in case I need them I know I still get tired and the limp becomes more obvious. Lots of people seem to talk and do lots of walking but my OS said if you do too much and you will start limping and will strain your knee and have a sore...
  5. Shazzstars

    THR Hi I'm back..

    Glad to hear your doing well @Pony. It's amazing how tired you get and the amount of sleeping you do. You go from poor sleep pre surgery to post surgery can't stop sleeping. Hehehe. Take care rest up xx
  6. Shazzstars

    THR New Hip Pain Free

    Well saw my OS this morning and I'm off the crutches. Yippee, doing the happy dance. He checked my walking gait and he's very happy. I have loads of flexibility and movement. I asked what's next and basically he's said "hip joints don't need exercise" BS mantra. So walking is great but not...
  7. Shazzstars

    THR New Hip Pain Free

    So looking forward to seeing my OS tomorrow 12week follow up and fingers crossed no more crutches
  8. Shazzstars

    THR New Hip Pain Free

    @jomarie58 the thing is and I'm no expert, this is what I learnt from a prior training as a long distance runner. Protein assists in repair and building muscle after exercise, and it's lean muscle also more protein make you feel full, I have protein shake mid morning and mid afternoon and put...
  9. Shazzstars

    THR Day 12 post RTHR

    @Hipster Coley you are doing really well.. I found being a passenger in a car was less tiring than driving. The first big drive to work drained me but got easier after a couple weeks. It's the sitting in one spot not being able to move around like being in the passenger.
  10. Shazzstars

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Hi @DeepBreath I can relate about your cycle mine has been a bit off since surgery. It was late then when it did turn up, it outstayed it's welcome 4 extra days, hoping it back to normal next time. I have a foam roller too although I can't use mind yet. Will see what next Wednesday brings...
  11. Shazzstars

    THR Bettifloss is now an old hippy

    Hi @bettifloss glad to read your doing so well.. Lucky ducky getting into the pool.
  12. Shazzstars

    THR 6 weeks went to see the Doc today

    @hipster4 that's awesome your doing well considering being on your feet. I think if I was on my feet I'd be but more sooky about my aches and pains. Keep up the awesome recovery
  13. Shazzstars

    THR New Hip Pain Free

    @hipster4 I can tell you the rash was a worry with all the things you read about infection going into the blood. But it has gone away now. The sit down job makes my return to work very easy and my work has let me park the car in driveway which was the boss's spot. I'm a bit spoilt.. Parking is...
  14. Shazzstars

    THR 6 weeks went to see the Doc today

    :dancy:@hipster4 you are doing really well, I'm the same when I think about how bad I was last year with pain and how little I could do, it makes me tear up.. So many times when my hip lock up I just said I can't do this anymore. Your OS is really sensible like mine.. Mine said just hold your...
  15. Shazzstars

    THR New Hip Pain Free

    Hi @jomarie58 and @Hipster Coley I don't know if I have any tips but now at 10weeks post op I'm coping a lot better, just to have early nights but work is easy as its sitting down desk job.. I guess if I was going to give a tip its eat healthy and include plenty of protein.. it really helps with...
Back
Top Bottom