Recent content by Sfina48

  1. S

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    @Dmcfad2 Hi There! Wanted to stop by and say hi! So glad you are doing well! From what I have read there can be many ups and downs that comes with this surgery, hang in there! Sounds like you are doing great, I appreciate you (And everyone!) documenting everything as it helps with people like me...
  2. S

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    congrats to you! You did it! So happy for you. You sound great. I wish you a continued smooth recovery! All the best Sara
  3. S

    Am I ready?

    Had been thinking of you as well, I know we had a very similar situation. But not anymore! Lol! I am happy for you, I bet it was the hardest decision for you. I am still struggling with it! From what I hear you will be wondering why you didn't do it sooner! I hope it helps your opposite hip, My...
  4. S

    Am I ready?

    Wow, congrats on your decision to go through with your surgery! Wish I was as brave! I am still in denial and going back and forth with the decision. I am doing physical therapy now which is giving me relief but therapy is not forever as insurance will not pay for more than 30 per year. I just...
  5. S

    THR My trip down recovery lane...

    Cant give you advise on the "Pop" but just wanted to let you know I am so happy for you in your progress so far. Great that you see the surgeon today, I am sure he will tell you that everything is just fine! :) All the best, Sara
  6. S

    THR My trip down recovery lane...

    @Jp9294 Thank you for sharing the doctors name. He is the doctor I see at the website when I search for the Anterior approach. I like this hospital as well and will more than likely have surgery there when the time comes, just not sure which doctor..Will continue with my research. I wish you...
  7. S

    THR My trip down recovery lane...

    @Jp9294 Hi There! Your story is really inspiring to me. I have had OA for many years in my left hip and recently learned I have spurs in my right hip as well. In recent months the pain has escalated. I have put off surgery because I feel I should wait as long as I can. I am doing physical...
  8. S

    Am I ready?

    @Dmcfad2 Hi and you are so very welcome! You and I have a very similar situation right now, I too do not have a great range of motion, haven't in years. I tried the cortisone shot once many years ago and found it didnt do much for me. I share the same worries as you, I will definitely need a...
  9. S

    Am I ready?

    Debbie, Just wanted to fill you in on a 3rd opinion appointment I had yesterday. I am the one who is not in pain all of the time either. Not sure everyone will agree with what I will say but this is my experience and I wanted to share it with you.. I saw 2 Dr's at one of the best hospital's in...
  10. S

    THR On the road to full recovery...

    Hi! Thanks for your reply! Yea, snow bound today, although some people actually did make it to the office! I dont blame you for staying put, I am sure your office understands.. I am afraid of walking in this snow and ice because if my hip moves a certain way the pain is terrible. I am also...
  11. S

    THR On the road to full recovery...

    @dba212 Hi! Happy New Year, I hope you had a nice New Year! How are you doing? I will see my 2nd opinion Dr. on Tues, having a lot of anxiety as I will probably be calling Dr. M's office later next week to schedule my surgery appointment! Yikes! Lol. I hope you are doing well! :)
  12. S

    Am I ready?

    @Dmcfad2 Oh you are welcome! I read your story and I felt like wow, that is me! As I mentioned like you, I am not always in pain, I have been on vacation and have been home a feel a lot better. I commute to work and I do a desk job, accounting work so I sit for long periods and when I get up...
  13. S

    Am I ready?

    @Dmcfad2 Know exactly how you feel...There are days when I do not need Nsaids or other meds for pain and I also think...Do I really want to go through this major surgery?? I am afraid I will regret the decision..I wish the doctor would say, you must have this surgery...It would be so much easier...
  14. S

    Am I ready?

    @Dmcfad2 Hi there! You are describing exactly what I am going through, I am not always in pain. But was recently told that I need a new hip, but it is my decision..it is so difficult to decide to "elect" to have this surgery, for me anyway. I haven't made my appointment yet.. I am going for...
  15. S

    THR On the road to full recovery...

    @dba212 Take your time..You are doing so well so soon after your surgery. I imagine it will take time for you to gain your flexibility and strength.
Back
Top Bottom