THR On the road to full recovery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dba212 Take your time..You are doing so well so soon after your surgery. I imagine it will take time for you to gain your flexibility and strength.
 
@dba212 Hi! Happy New Year, I hope you had a nice New Year! How are you doing?
I will see my 2nd opinion Dr. on Tues, having a lot of anxiety as I will probably be calling Dr. M's office later next week to schedule my surgery appointment! Yikes! Lol. I hope you are doing well! :)
 
@Sfina48 Happy New Year to you too! My NYE was rather uneventful, which is exactly what I ordered LOL.

I just got home from PT tonight and the snow was just starting here... If we do get the predicted amount I am staying right here on the sofa tomorrow with my fuzzy slippers on... No way am I going to undo what Dr M did and I told them that as I left work today... People are starting to return to work and everyone is so surprised to see me walking as well as I am... They can't believe the before and after... Also now that Times Square is empty I was actually able go out during lunch today and not get trampled by tourists!!!

I've been a bit more sore the past week from PT... She is really pushing me now but stopping short of any actual pain... One of the things that is happening now is some irritation on the other side because I tend to push my pelvis in that direction when I get tired at the end of the day and limp more... She said that is normal and she's working on building up my strength in that area... When the other side started bothering me I panicked a bit thinking the other hip was going too LOL... She always asks me at the beginning of each session what I am feeling since she last saw me and then adjusts any exercises to avoid causing anymore discomfort... I'm also finding that I am using a lot more ice when I get home at night (my freezer is full of those gel ice-packs)... A lot of this is just adjusting physically to being back at work and being more active... On one hand I'm more tired at the end of the day but on the other hand I have also noticed the swelling is not as bad now which really makes me happy... I'm DEFINITELY doing a lot more walking without even thinking about it and Dr M had told me that walking is the absolute best PT.

Good luck next week with the other Dr though it sounds like you already know the answer LOL... Joking aside, it's just your way of getting your head around it all... I went through that too in my own way (as well as practically everyone here on BoneSmart) and it's normal because it's a major surgery and it's happening to YOU... I was just telling someone today how angry I started to get pre-surgery with everyone giving me advice who had not had it done, or thought they were an expert because knew someone who had the surgery... They seriously had no clue!... For me it was mostly the unknown yet trying to prepare for afterwards so I could be as self-sufficient as possible... Looking back, it was a lot easier than I anticipated because you just have to let go of some things that can wait until later when you are healed and have your strength back (that huge pile of clothes I meant to go through is STILL sitting on the table along with several other little "projects")... But "hey" it will get done one day! LOL
 
Hi! Thanks for your reply! Yea, snow bound today, although some people actually did make it to the office! I dont blame you for staying put, I am sure your office understands.. I am afraid of walking in this snow and ice because if my hip moves a certain way the pain is terrible. I am also afraid of breaking my hip, it feels like it will break if I fall it the wrong way.
I am so glad you are doing well with your PT and walking (In Times Square? you are brave! lol). There are times my other hip hurts too! I am not sure if it is because I am favoring that side, but it certainly makes sense.
Do your xrays show OA on the other side? Many people have Bilateral surgery's. I certainly do not wish it on you.
The doctor told me that I have stiffness on the other side too. But I do not want to wrap my mind around doing 2 at once!

Thanks for the encouragement, I am really struggling with the surgery thing.. I have been chatting with a gal here and she like me does not have pain all of the time. I feel for her because that is making the decision so hard. But she is slowing noticing a decline in certain activities due to the pain, same as me.

Thanks for telling me about the patient hand book, which I have read. It was very informative.
I thank you again for chatting with me, you have been a tremendous help to me! You understand what I am going through as you went through the same thing. I really appreciate and value all of your advice! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom