Recent content by Scanne

  1. Scanne

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    Shame on those co-workers for putting that much pressure on you, maybe one day they will be in your position & then reflect back in shame. I have a very physical job & one I cannot return to until I am considered fit enough. Although my bosses & work colleagues are very understanding I feel like...
  2. Scanne

    TKR Sharon’s second knee recovery!

    Sks1997 I really understand your frustration with still having the knee pain that you do as I am in the same boat. I haven’t posted much of late, but do read the posts. I am 14 weeks yesterday, similar to yourself, & struggle with nerve pain down the outside of the calf & knee pain any time day...
  3. Scanne

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Good on ya Hawkie, your doing great! And your right about ROM scores, it depends on who is measuring.
  4. Scanne

    TKR Gingerbread's RTKR Recovery Marathon

    A big happy 50th birthday to you Gingerbread! Hope you got to make the most of your day, knee permitting.
  5. Scanne

    Knee Infection* Knee #2 Vent

    I want to be able to bend my knee without pain, at least as much as I could bend it prior to surgery. I want to be able to go on an outing with my friends, knowing there is no time limit because of my knee. I want to be able to again help others do little jobs around their homes when they...
  6. Scanne

    TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

    Hawkie isn’t it just crazy how little things set us back. I was only celebrating yesterday how much easier my knee felt walking & with less pain, did nothing out of the ordinary throughout the day, but could not get comfortable when trying to sleep last night & woke up with a sorer stiffer knee...
  7. Scanne

    PKR Patriciad Left PKR Recovery

    Patriciad, I am also terribly sorry for the loss of your best mate, it is truely a heartbreaking experience. Take comfort in knowing your puppy is happy & playing with all the other puppies at rainbow bridge, including my 3 fur babies.
  8. Scanne

    TKR Reader's Left TKR Spacer Exchange

    Reader525. Firstly I just love the pic of your puppies, I am a dog/animal lover & enjoy their company far more than most humans. Secondly you are a machine, I remember some of your earlier posts & how bad I felt for you on your journey, you have come such a long way. You should be so proud of...
  9. Scanne

    TKR Recovery Confusion

    Hey Tryhard, we are only about 1 week apart in surgery dates. I still feel pain in my knee, leg, calf, ankle whether it be thru the night while ‘trying’ to sleep, sitting watching tv, walking, or just pottering around the house. I know it’s probably part of the healing, but I always have that...
  10. Scanne

    MUA ValleyGirl Recovery

    Improvements are improvements, big or small. Just remember it’s not about the number but the progress you make whether it’s every day, every week or every month.
  11. Scanne

    TKR My TKR Journey

    Thanks Reader525. I have actually followed your progress & am so happy for you that the light at the end is so much brighter. I’m ok with the odd pain, I’m just more concerned about the medial one as I have had it since day one & when I massage the area I can feel a small lump, could be scar...
  12. Scanne

    TKR My TKR Journey

    Hi all, haven’t posted for awhile but keeping abreast of everyone’s journeys. I was seen by my OS at 6 weeks & he was happy with my progress, didn’t measure anything but was happy that I had flexion of more than 90 degrees & could fully straighten as that meant no necessity for an MUA. I did try...
  13. Scanne

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Almost 8 weeks post op, healing well, still no straighter tho:heehee:
  14. Scanne

    MUA ValleyGirl Recovery

    ValleyGirl, like you I was threatened with an MUA, not by my OS but by the discharge nurse. And then threatened by the physio who made me push my knee until I reached 90 causing me significant pain, otherwise she would not allow me to be discharged. But once you realise that their threats are...
  15. Scanne

    TKR SZone's Recovery Thread

    “HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY” SZone! What a massive year for you, a new knee, 60 & retiring. I’m a year behind you but intend on doing the same next year, except for a new knee, one of those is enough for now.
Back
Top Bottom