Guest viewing is limited

PKR Patriciad Left PKR Recovery

@patriciad So glad you enjoyed your concert, and I can just picture you chair dancing,:banana-santa: well done you on managing the 60 steep stairs and long walk around the stadium, which is really wonderful at just 4 months post surgery. It is so good to read your uplifting posts, it won't be long before you accomplish riding your bike :bicycle1: you give us all hope facing yet another replacement xxx
 
@Sara61 - Thank you for your kind words I am happy when I can post positive progress and the concert was a big one for me as couldn’t imagine going a month ago. I have had so much help and support from this forum through both knee replacements that I am glad to pay it forward.
I see you are lucky enough to live in Portugal. I have many fond memories of the years we owned a small apartment in Carvoeiro on the Algarve coast. Loved the country and the people. I even check the downtown live camera still!
 
I moved to Portugal in 1984 and married my Portuguese husband in 1988 so have been here a good few years, when I first moved here I used to work in Carvoeiro, so very familiar with the area, I'm now living in the hills near Boliqueime, it is a beautiful country and great place to live xx
 
Very sorry to read in @Reader525 's thread about your beloved doggie's passing. It's the worst. :sad: I'm so sorry for your loss.........
 
Hi, Patriciad. It’s Saturday night, & I’m trying to play a little “ catchup”, & still working on navigating this forum. I have been able to locate both you and 525! I’m learning regularly from both your posts, also many others. I am so sorry at the loss of your little dog. In our 51 years of marriage, we’ve lost a number of dogs, and cats. Our little friends find a special place in our hearts, & they know. Losing them is hard.I hope your grief is softened soon.
 
@patriciad So, so sorry for the loss of your little dog, just remember he is now in a happier pain free place together with my little dog Lexie (16) whom sadly, we too had to end his suffering earlier this year, it's heartbreaking so I can totally relate to what you are going through :console2:Try to keep your mind busy, shortly after, I took up a hobby, paint by numbers it is so advanced these days and you need no artistic skills, very relaxing go do and at the end you have something beautiful to look at, I'm now ordering a custom of my dogs.
Wishing you a better day - sending you virtual hugs from Portugal xxx
 
Patriciad, I am also terribly sorry for the loss of your best mate, it is truely a heartbreaking experience. Take comfort in knowing your puppy is happy & playing with all the other puppies at rainbow bridge, including my 3 fur babies.
 
Thank you all so much for your comforting messages - what a caring group you are.
Scanne
Sara61
Catalien45
Jockette
Susie-Q
Have to admit it’s very hard adjusting to an empty house right now missing him so much.
 
@patriciad :console2: Would you consider getting another dog? I have a daschund and she is an absolute joy we did initially say we didn't want another dog but the pros completely outweigh the cons, they are such fiercely loyal companions and encourage us to be more active, maybe adopt and older dog that way the puppy stage is avoided. Big hugs xx
 
@Sara61 Maybe at some point we would look for a rescue but not for a while. I am a dog lover, my husband never was but the family jokes that he might not have been a dog person but he was a Chewie person.
Chewie was diabetic the last couple years and so was never left with anyone and we took him everywhere with us which was definitely limiting but of course he was so worth it. So we will try to enjoy that freedom while we recover from his loss. Dogs are beautiful companions.
 
@patriciad Take your time on a new dog. Some people find another companion rigot away and others process their loss first. I lost my last dog in the spring and haven’t rescued a new one since I really couldn’t take them for walks with this knee. Maybe I’ll be ready again in the spring of this coming year. I only adopt seniors so my time with them isn’t very long but so worth it. I don’t puppy energy in me regardless of knee situation.
 
I totally recognise that blue feeling after a set back - this is what I am experiencing now but the information about that on this site made me feel much better - not completely because I am afterall human :heehee: I hope you continue to recover and that your set back will soon be a distant memory as indeed I hope mine will also.
 
@Carol Anna
I am feeling much better knee wise. Still a bit up and down and I definitely have to be careful about not overdoing it. I am walking more and notice that after 2,500 constant steps my knee starts to ache and complain to me. A short rest or sit down will help me then go on to walk further. So far the furthest I have gone non stop is about 2.5 miles.
Work in progress as they say. Recovery from this surgery is not for the faint hearted but time and patience get you there in the end and you will do well having found this excellent forum. Hope you are feeling improved don’t hesitate to reach out.
 
I am walking more and notice that after 2,500 constant steps my knee starts to ache and complain to me. A short rest or sit down will help me then go on to walk further. So far the furthest I have gone non stop is about 2.5 miles.

@patriciad Great piece of advice about taking a break before continuing.

I'm excited to read you have been able to cover 2.5 miles in one walk session. I'm up to just 1 mile, so have a way to go -- but it's encouraging to see your progress.
 
@benne68 - I will be 5 months at the end of this month so I can only compare to my first RTKR and I am a little ahead I would say. Have also ridden my bike with no issues- only been around the block to test but will do more for sure. No problem with the bend and rotation. I have also tried kneeling and can do that ok on a cushioned surface. I am doing much more than I could before the surgery and the relief from that constant pain day and night has improved my quality of life so much already. You’ll do great!
 
Just re read my progress post and have a confession to make that the 2.5 miles maximum walk was made pushing a 22lb lovely girl toddler in her umbrella stroller! Pushing the /stroller-buggy is a bit of a cheat as feels much easier than just walking.
 
2.5 miles is quite an achievement, pushing a stroller or not! You are having a great recovery! :happydance:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom