Recent content by sandybeach

  1. sandybeach

    THR Sissie's recovery

    @sissy46 it's so good to hear how well you're doing after 2 years. My 2 year anniversary will be in February, I can't believe how fast that went. Time goes by fast when you're able to enjoy it. :chuckmarch: Take care
  2. sandybeach

    THR 26 days and I need a hug.

    Queenie, so sorry to hear about the pain you're in when walking. Maybe what Barbara is saying is a help to you. I hope you get relief and answers soon, take care.
  3. sandybeach

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    My one year anniversaries for my hips were February 26th and then for my newest, April 12th so I thought I would give an update. I'm doing all the things that I used to do now with my 2 new hips. My life now is normal. This past year has been a year of healing. I took it slow and steady and I...
  4. sandybeach

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    @sunnyQ I didn't have any leg length difference. I thought maybe between surgeries I would feel it because some people do. Sometimes you will feel a difference in length because after surgery your legs are the same length but you have become used to walking wrong and your pelvis is off. Therapy...
  5. sandybeach

    Starting the SuperPath journey/Surgery scheduled!

    @Dieter, Good luck with your insurance company. I had my surgery at 56, no questions asked. But then I was in such denial that I did have an MRI. I also researched it to death and visited with many doctors and a few surgeons before I took the plunge to have surgery....the SuperPATH way. Keep us...
  6. sandybeach

    need contact with superpath already done in minnesota

    @sunnyQ the information that Me2 posted is my surgeon. His office is in Burnsville and he operates at St. Francis hospital...btw, great hospital. I thought I was staying in a hotel. My bed had a mat on that was filled with gel that was heated and would vibrate. I could order off a menu what I...
  7. sandybeach

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    @sunnyQ .....LOL I do not have a yoga body. I have never done yoga in my life until now. I'm doing it now for the strengthening that it will give me. I am getting better but I was so badly out of shape before my surgery because of limitations. I had gained weight that I am now struggling with...
  8. sandybeach

    THR Hokey cokey OK

    @Elosarabrab, just think one short year ago how we as group bonded, with all the pain and suffering we were all going through and looking forward to our recoveries and here we are today and what seems like years from all of that. It's great what technology has done for us that had and still are...
  9. sandybeach

    need contact with superpath already done in minnesota

    Hi sunnyO. I am from Minnesota and I had superPATH on both hips, my first was in February 2013 and my second one was last April, I'm two days away from my one year mark. It went wonderfully, I am now doing yoga. Sitting on the floor and going up steps as easily as ever. My Doctor was Dr. Olson...
  10. sandybeach

    Starting the SuperPath journey/Surgery scheduled!

    @Dieter after surgery you will be able to resume your old activities after a total healing time. You might have to tone it down a few notches, do what your doctor tells you to do, but you will be able to be as active as ever.
  11. sandybeach

    THR Did I really have an operation? 1 year post op!!!

    Hi @sansabosa, it's sounds like you are doing great. It has been a year and what a year it's been. I don't come on here much anymore which is good, means I have gone on with life. Can't believe how much better life is now since my operations and recoveries.
  12. sandybeach

    Starting the SuperPath journey/Surgery scheduled!

    Dieter, He is a very personable doctor. From the moment I met him I was impressed. My husband and myself knew that he was the doctor for me right away. I had surgery in the morning, by the afternoon I was up walking. The next day, early afternoon I was on my way home. He kept the pain level at a...
  13. sandybeach

    Starting the SuperPath journey/Surgery scheduled!

    Hi Dieter, I had the superpath surgeries with Dr. Olson as my surgeon. I can't say enough good about him. He is very personable. He called me at home after hours to answer some of questions after surgery. I was impressed that it wasn't an assistant.
  14. sandybeach

    THR Did I really have an operation? 1 year post op!!!

    Hi Selin, Happy Hip Birthday :yay: My anniversary for my first hip has come and gone too but my second hip is still waiting for it's one year mark, that comes April 12th. It has taken me this long to respond because I was away on vacation, something I wasn't able to even think about one year...
  15. sandybeach

    SuperPath Hip Replacement?

    @kpalms after superpath surgery you will not need a raised toilet seat. You will need a walker or cane for the first few weeks. A grabber is helpful for some people, depends on you. I was able to bend over and pick stuff up from the floor right away. I was given a sock aid thing at the hospital...
Back
Top Bottom