Guest viewing is limited

SuperPath Hip Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kpalms after superpath surgery you will not need a raised toilet seat. You will need a walker or cane for the first few weeks. A grabber is helpful for some people, depends on you. I was able to bend over and pick stuff up from the floor right away. I was given a sock aid thing at the hospital to help get socks on. I wasn't able to bend my leg enough to get socks on for quite awhile before surgery. Ice packs you will need, the hospital I was at gave me a bunch to take home but I did stock up before surgery. Have a few loose fitting pants for those first weeks to make getting dressed easy.
 
Thanks for info. Glad to hear I will be able to pick up stuff from floor because I am a klutz!!!! My preop on Wed. Best wishes to all having surgery this week. Will be thinking of you. Post when u can.
 
Hey kpalms - I'm in Atlanta GA too, but am also going to Dr Grandic in FL for a consult on Feb 20th:). I'm hoping to get my RTHR done ASAP!!! Anyway, just wanted to wish you the best, as I see your surgery is scheduled soon!
Lisa
 
Hello @hipster chic,
I am anxious to hear from Kpalms, and hope and pray she had the same outstanding results that Flgirlie and I had. As you may know, I am a very strong advocate for SuperPATH and Dr. Grandic. I think that you would have a hard time finding a better surgeon for your hip replacement anywhere on the planet! I just read a report where he had successfully repaired an accident victim's "crushed" hip, that other OS's had deemed unrepairable. The man reports to be able to walk again one year after surgery. Dr, G is truly an amazing surgeon. He is confident in his craft, but not cocky or arrogant in the least. I have a feeling that you are going to really like him after you meet him on the 20th. I wish you the same success on your upcoming RTHR that I had on my LTHR. My new hip feels completely "natural" and I get better and better as the muscles in my left leg grow stronger and more flexible. Best of luck and please keep us posted.

December LTHR SuperPATH
Dr. Elvis Grandic, Boynton Beach Florida
 
Hello @Sailfreeordie
Thanks for sharing your experience! My appt got moved to the 28th and I can't wait to meet him. My hip is now pretty bad so I'm at the point where I really just want to get this done :) Looking forward to hearing from Kpalms & have already been in touch with FLgirlie...wishing everyone here continued healing!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom