THR Sissie's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandybeach... It is so cold here this morning... Ugh! I dislike winter intensely...

One of my tasks today is to plant out my spring bulbs and wait! lol..
 
Sissy46 glad you're striding ahead with you recovery. Sounds like an absolute success story for you and your new hip, I'm so very glad that you can get back to doing all the things you love. Your life sounds full and happy.

I'm six months post op now. I do keep fit and Pilates and walking. Sometimes I have to take pain medication to get me through the night and I'm stiff after sitting for too long. Going to the cinema can be problematic (we saw the new Iron Man movie recently) as the pain breaksthrough and my concentration is disrupted. I get lower back pain too.... I may need to do some concentrated exercise for that area.

Keep the faith Bonesmart warriors!

Love you all for the support you gave me and our other warriors. x

Pugfugly x
 
Pug, so glad to see you. :yay: We've missed you. Sorry your still having the intermittent soreness, but they say that healing goes on for at least a year. I'm glad you're able to keep it under control with minimal intervention. Sounds like you're getting out and about and getting on with things. Yay for you, Hobbit Warrior! :friends:
 
Oh my gosh, one year ago I was saying "tomorrow is the day!" I could hardly eat or sleep, I was so excited about getting it over and done. My experience was fine, but I'm sure tomorrow will be much more fun than September 25, 2012---I'm going to see The Taming of the Shrew at Orlando Shakespeare Theatre, and then dinner. Yah, one year anniversary!

I have absolutely no complaints with my hip; it is like it never went bad at all. Like AussieMike, I'd have to stop and think which hip had the replacement. I started kayaking and bike riding at 4 weeks, and around 3 months I was back to doing everything; somewhere between 5 and 6 months I could have forgotten about it altogether if I hadn't been so amazed and grateful. I still really appreciate not having to look for a parking space where someone has left a cart that I can grab and lean on while walking into the grocery store. Walking pain free is something I won't take for granted again.

I hope all the rest of the Autumn 2012 are doing well. Love seeing the updates---I always get excited when I get an email alert that one of my old hippy buddies has posted. So Warriors: dede62, Damn!, nerdgrrl, @bellaroma---how are you doing? Cookie42, how are the hips and Ollie and Nigel? Beth, are you getting out on that Tarpon?
 
great to hear sissy46 !
i'm counting my days down till November when i can
walk the beaches of Sanibel!

I was 11 mos on Sunday, so next month I'll post my 1 year follow up,
amazing how time flies!
 
sissy46 What a fantastic one year review.Its great to hear that you have got your life back and are living it to the full.I am so happy for you.I would like to thank you for all your support in my preop period and my early postop days too.I am very grateful to you.
 
sissy46 congratulations on your anniversary. The dates that our new hips were born to us will be days we will never forget. You have been an inspiration since I first joined this forum and you continue to be so. I haven't had any bad set backs since my surgeries but I sure didn't know what to expect after the surgeries. I took so much advice from those who had been there and going through it on here and that made my recovery go smoothly. I know it's important to those who are now waiting for surgeries or who have just had surgery to have the support from us who have been there. Our experiences are valuable, you can't learn that from a book.
 
Thanks, y'all. I still check Bonesmart frequently even though my life has moved way past being preoccupied with my new hip----I'm still interested in old hippy buddies, and once in a while if someone asks a question I can answer, I'm happy to offer encouragement. I haven't forgotten some of the folks who have come and gone---one stargirl, for example, and then there was the chicken who turned into an eagle and flew away....I hope we'll see one year reports from all eventually, and I hope everyone is doing well.

cnydutch I just heard a few minutes ago that Ding Darling Wildlife Drive is opening on schedule on October 1! that is amazing, especially since the start was delayed back in May. Quiet hurricane season must have helped.

Any pre-op newbies that might happen across this thread, take heart! Start your thread if you haven't already, and seek support and offer the same to those who are traveling along this road with you, as well as gleaning knowledge from the library and moderators. There'll be folks with whom you have nothing in common but hip replacement, and others with whom you find common ground for lasting friendships.
 
I'm doing fine, sissy46 as are Nigel and Ollie. Ollie is sitting on the back of my chair, purring, right now. Nigel is off somewhere, chasing points of light and trying to kill them. I do pity any mouse who ventures into this house now!

Hip #2 is well on its way to recovery. The OS told me yesterday he'll see me in a year -- that's a good thing. #2 did give me more trouble than #1 -- not only is every person different, so is every hip.

I've told so many people about this forum. It's wonderful to find a place where everyone is going through the same thing as you, some faster, some slower and some at the same pace, but all you can learn so much from.
 
Two years ago today! And I never feel a twinge from my new hip. I forgot to make an appointment for my 2 year followup; must do that tomorrow.

I'm still doing volunteer river patrol at the state park, and ECO-Action waterway canoe cleanups, riding my bike (new Brompton folding bike), reading incessantly, and enjoying life in general. Still hand servant to three pampered and cherished kitties.

I remain very grateful for the forum, and the friends who were with me going through this process---some of whom I remain in contact with on Facebook (Cookie, Nerdgrl, Bellaroma---and Judith, I can't remember your forum name!)

And Poppet, Sharon, Jamie, Jaycey, and all the other moderators who helped so much---thank you.
 
@sissy46 it's so good to hear how well you're doing after 2 years. My 2 year anniversary will be in February, I can't believe how fast that went. Time goes by fast when you're able to enjoy it. :chuckmarch: Take care
 
You are the model for getting back into the swing of things! You go warrior! Love all the pics on FB ;-D
 
Hey.....sorry it took me a bit to catch up to your great update!!! You have had a great recovery and it's always good to hear news like that! Thanks for taking time to let us know!
 
Hi there @sissy46 - so good to hear from you. Life is good isn't it. I am coming up to my 3 year anniversary - time does fly..

I don't use Facebook, but would love to catch up with the other warrior girls, that was so much fun...

Many hugs and much love from down under xx
 
@sissy46 way to go! I think you were an early responder to my first pre op post, and you were a heartwarming presence for months. You sound happy and busy and recovered-- congratulations !!!!! :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Sissie's recovery
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom