Recent content by RickSt

  1. RickSt

    TKR RickSt Post Op

    It has almost 1000 miles on it now . I got it last spring . Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
  2. RickSt

    TKR RickSt Post Op

    Busy day here in the Sunshine State . We went to our community breakfast this morning then I got ambitious enough to power wash our driveway and sidewalk . It sure is nice being back to normal . For those of you just beginning the journey we call TKR, you will make it and soon it will be a...
  3. RickSt

    TKR RickSt Post Op

    Some of us travel through the tunnel quicker than others but you will come out the other end . Rick Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
  4. RickSt

    TKR RickSt Post Op

    We bought this house last year and the prior owner's last name began with an I . Changing it to an S hasn't been a priority . As far as the leaves on the trees, they never all fall off like they do in Indiana where I'm from or Arkansas where we lived before moving here . We don't have any palm...
  5. RickSt

    TKR RickSt Post Op

    BTW, here's my ride . It a Giant Cypress DX XL, 24 speed . I have a computer on it that tells my speed, trip meter, odometer, clock and timer . I also have a headlight, tail light and holder for my phone and a bell . There us a small bag behind and under the seat to hold other stuff . This...
  6. RickSt

    TKR RickSt Post Op

    So here I am 10 weeks out and doing great . I'm preaching to others not to overdue it and what do I do ? I overdue it . Last week I started riding my bike again . The first day I rode 6.3 miles . The second day I did 10.3 and it felt good . I was riding in lower gears so I wasn't putting undo...
  7. RickSt

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    Just be careful . Even once the pain goes away if you over do it or twist it too much your knee will remind you it's not done healing yet . As the pain goes away it's easy to forget what you've been through . Rick Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  8. RickSt

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    I rode 10.35 miles this morning . That's pretty much back to normal I'd say . Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
  9. RickSt

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    We bought a big pork tenderloin then cut it up into chops when we got home after letting it freeze about halfway . Got a big strawberry cheesecake and a ham for Saturday when we have friends coming over . I haven't been back on my bike yet but I hope to in the morning . We've been kinda busy the...
  10. RickSt

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Ivan , we went and got a membership at Costco today . It's a bit farther for us to go than BJ'S or Sam's Club but they have more . Rick Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
  11. RickSt

    TKR RickSt Post Op

    Leesburg is half way between Ocala and Orlando on US 27 . Just east of where 75 and the turnpike split . Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
  12. RickSt

    TKR RickSt Post Op

    Just thought I'd jump in to say life for me is almost back to normal . Tomorrow I am going to start riding my bike again . Today was the first time since surgery I actually went up and down stairs and did it with no problem . My walk is limp free most of the time except for those first few steps...
  13. RickSt

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Yea, I'm still around some but not as much. I am almost back to normal so changes arent as noticeable . According to what my OS said 2 weeks ago, I should wait 2 more weeks before I get back on my bike but I dont think I'll wait that long. I may try it this week . Rick Sent from my GT-P5210...
  14. RickSt

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    I've only iced a few times during the whole process so far . My limp is almost gone and my knee isn't very stiff when I stand up and it goes away in a few steps . I must be an anomaly . Whatever that is . Rick
  15. RickSt

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Apparently all dentists haven't gotten the memo . Mine wouldn't touch me without antibiotics taken 1 hour before .
Back
Top Bottom