Recent content by Raffs

  1. Raffs

    TKR Can lost ROM be regained

    Hello @Majic . I am so sorry to hear about all your problems and issues. I will give you as much info as I can about patella tendonitis and hope that some of what I say will help you. So.....I was finally diagnosed back in February after a MRI scan. OS said at the time that everything else...
  2. Raffs

    PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

    So, it has been 6 weeks since the PRP injection. There has been some improvement but I still have tightness and discomfort all the time when standing and walking. When it hurts it seems to recover more quickly which is good. Saw the radiologist last night. He said that he can't really see...
  3. Raffs

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    Hi. What will they clean out?? Scar tissue? Debris? Or are you unsure? Did they expand on the tendon issues? You don't need me to tell you that I totally understand how you feel. Can you believe it is 10 months?? I sure didn't expect to still feel like this at this stage. I'll update my...
  4. Raffs

    PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

    Update: four weeks post PRP injection. Didn't post last week - got a horrid flu bug and was poorly for a few days. Still coughing now but the worst of it has gone, thank goodness! Not much to report. I am still experiencing tightness and pain but I think it is a little better. It certainly...
  5. Raffs

    TKR Can lost ROM be regained

    How did you feel after the massage last week? Did it help?
  6. Raffs

    MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

    How's your knee feeling now after the acupuncture last week?
  7. Raffs

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    I think that is a very sensible plan. Hopefully the pain won't return this time so you won't need to see the OS again. I wonder what causes fluid to build up in the IT band? Has anyone given you any possible causes? Keep posting regularly if you can so we know how you're doing.
  8. Raffs

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Great to hear you are doing so well. You sound very upbeat which is fantastic. Keep up the good work, make sure you don't overdo it!
  9. Raffs

    PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

    Update at two weeks post PRP injection: Survived the Conference ok. I taped my knee on Thursday morning before I left home and that helped as usual. I was on my feet a lot more than usual over the four days but it wasn't too bad. I did take some painkillers which I don't usually bother with...
  10. Raffs

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    Glad that the pain is better but sorry to hear you are not pain free. Will be keeping fingers crossed that the pain doesn't return this time. Where do you have inflammation? Is it visible or can you just feel it internally? The thought of more surgery is just awful but I'm guessing if that...
  11. Raffs

    PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

    @momweb Sorry to hear about your computer problems and your poor doggie. I can remember how stressed I was when our cat had to have major surgery. Sending wags to your pooch. I'll hop over to your thread after I've posted this to catch up on how you're doing. So, I am now just over a week...
  12. Raffs

    TKR Over doing or not doing enough?

    That seems to make sense re the hip weakness causing the pain. I'm interested to hear if the ultrasound helps or not. Don't overdo the exercises!
  13. Raffs

    PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

    @Wanttobebiking The first time I had it taped he used bright blue tape. It was most attractive! The flesh tape pretty much 'disappears' under my opaque black tights/pantyhose. Oooh - you had a go faster stripe!! Please post an update on your thread tomorrow re the ultrasound. I only had one...
  14. Raffs

    PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

    @Wanttobebiking My knee with the taping as promised:
  15. Raffs

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Sending you every good wish and all the luck in the world for a successful revision. Will be following your recovery with interest. You've got this!
Back
Top Bottom