Recent content by PuppyLove

  1. PuppyLove

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Dr. Gurpreet Bajaj performed both of my surgeries at THR Harris Methodist FW. I think he's great and I love, love, love his PA Adam Bruntz. I had great experiences at Harris on their orthopedic floor. I've lived in snowy areas and what scares me here are the crazy drivers who don't know what...
  2. PuppyLove

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Sorry- meant to address the pedaling machine. If you mean one of the little ones that sits on the floor with tension control, I have one. I think it was good for a warm up, but it definitely is not as good as the recumbent bike I used at PT.
  3. PuppyLove

    Packing and Fretting - Questions!

    Welcome, neighbor- I live in Arlington! I had a recliner from my RTHR and lived in it after my BTKR. My sofa is low and it was really difficult to get up from it. I still use the recliner, as it feels good to have my legs up. I'm about 23 weeks out from surgery. At 16 weeks I was finally...
  4. PuppyLove

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    I know I'm joining the conversation a bit late, but although we weigh ourselves in lbs, for medication calculations we use kilos, and some of the micro preemies I worked with were weighed in just grams! Thanks for all the encouragement about work. I was just offered a FT position as a hospice...
  5. PuppyLove

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    @Threads I love reading your posts. Sorry for such a delay- life has been a little busy. The kids have been off school the last two days for "wintery mix" weather. People here don't drive well with ice or snow on the roads. I've driven in ice and snow in Alaska and Michigan, and I avoid...
  6. PuppyLove

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    I am back working on a very part-time basis, like one or two days a week. I've done ok except for when I sat on the floor with a toddler. My knees were complaining a bit. I'm trying out shift work in patient's homes and I don't think its for me. I'm going to try to get a job doing skilled...
  7. PuppyLove

    Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

    You sound great- Thanks for the update!
  8. PuppyLove

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    Congrats on the promotion! I finally started working again last week ( part time, doing pediatric home healthcare), but I need to decide what I want to be when I grow up. My knees are improving slowly, and I feel like my posture is much better overall. Have you noticed a difference in that? Some...
  9. PuppyLove

    Scheduled and Beyond Ready!

    There are many people here to support you through the surgery and recovery process. I wanted to suggest that you use the time before surgery to increase your upper body strength, which you'll need after surgery to change positions. That really helped me to be more independent during my recovery...
  10. PuppyLove

    Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

    Hi Maggie! i just caught up with your thread. I have Stryker Triathlon twins also. I hope you're feeling better today!
  11. PuppyLove

    Bilateral TKR Puppylove's New Knees

    4 Month Update: My knees seem to improving every day. At my 4 month followup visit my OS was pleased with my progress and said he doesn't think I need to go to PT anymore. He OK'd me to ride my bike outside and go bowling (more concern for hip than knees). My knees are at 120/0 and 125/5. The...
  12. PuppyLove

    Looking for the best surgeon in the Dallas area

    I love my OS, Dr. Gurpreet Bajaj in Fort Worth ( another office in Burleson). He did my hip and bilateral knees. His PA, Adam Bruntz, is wonderful and assists with his surgeries. I had my surgeries at THR Harris Methodist FW. My surgeries went well and I had minimal bruising and swelling. I felt...
  13. PuppyLove

    Knees need to be replaced

    Just another thought- I mixed mine in a ziplock and froze it so I could adjust the ratio of alcohol and water to the right consistency for me. Just be sure to measure the ingredients! After I got it right I transferred it to Foodsaver bags.
  14. PuppyLove

    Scheduled for R Hip replacement May 14th

    In my opinion, THR was so much easier to recover from than TKR. I had a cortisone hip injection under fluoroscopy and the pain doc admitted while performing it that it probably wouldn't work for me b/c my bone on bone hip left no space for the cortisone. My pain relief lasted about a day, and I...
  15. PuppyLove

    Knees need to be replaced

    If you're adventurous you can make your own ice packs from water and rubbing alcohol- freeze in ziplock baggies or a FoodSaver vacuum sealer. Just google "DIY ice packs." I made mine really big (11x17) with the foodsaver and they were great. They stay really cold for a long time.
Back
Top Bottom