Recent content by psychteach

  1. psychteach

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    Hi all! Just stopping by to say hello to all my friends. Hope all are well! Monday was 14 weeks. I now ride 10 miles a day now, and clocking in 5 miles or more of walking on fitbit daily now that I have been back at school for 3.5 weeks now. My former students are amazed after seeing me hobble...
  2. psychteach

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    Monday is week 10. I have been off board for last few weeks .. Living life to the fullest:) I checked in tonight to see how all are doing. I am feeling so great! Sleep on operated side, sleep through night. Was away hiking this past weekend . No pain!!!! Visited my daughter in winter park , wore...
  3. psychteach

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    @Michegon thank you!!! I must say this recovery has been smooth as ever. I believe staying positive, choosing to stay away from narc drugs and taking supplements and riding my bike has worked for me. I am so so surprised on how easy this has been. I now am on week 10 on Monday and I never think...
  4. psychteach

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    @aprilc . Yes biking I believe is what has made my recovery so fast. I started riding 5 minutes at 2 weeks. No resistance. I did that for a week. About week three I moved up to 10 minutes , 15 minutes week 4 ( about 4 miles) I rode 20 minutes 5 mikes weeks 6-9. Now week 10 I ride 30 minutes 7...
  5. psychteach

    THR Ready for the blessings coming my way...

    I am two months out and still can not touch my toes. I have zero pain anywhere and am riding 7 miles walking 2-3 a day.. So I am not concerned. PT says it is still early and that will come back:) feel well all. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  6. psychteach

    Nerves coming to life again

    I have a small section on side of thigh and incision that feels sensitive. OS says it is nerves coming back to life. He gave me me some cream of anti inflammatory that helps. It is kind of a 2 inch or so patch of numbness and sensitivity. Do not feel it unless I touch the area with my fingers. I...
  7. psychteach

    THR Insexec THR Update - Take Two

    Congrats!!! I had a mild fracture and it was wired in surgery. I was surprised that I had no restrictions from it and it was never an issue. On my last X-ray the bone had grown around it. My doctor said that it happens a lot and that he is very careful to look whereas others may not be so...
  8. psychteach

    THR Insexec THR Update - Take Two

    Wishing you positive thoughts for your surgery. So glad this will soon be behind you and you can get back to your life :) keep us updated. LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
  9. psychteach

    How do I hang in for these last few days pre-op??

    I would have been good to go after 3 or4 weeks but I teach so I am on my feet all day and walk a lot around campus. I am very lucky that it will be 12 weeks post op when I return to work as it is summer and that is one of the big perks in teaching:) summers off:) LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
  10. psychteach

    How do I hang in for these last few days pre-op??

    The amazing part of the whole thing is we think that our place of business will fall apart without us there and it never seems to. This is your time to take care of you.. Work will manage and you will be better than ever when you come back:) LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
  11. psychteach

    Curious...your experience with walkers?

    I did not have a deductible as I have an HMO. It was free to me completely. As was everything else. I paid 60.00 in total for my surgery. It was not hospital bought , it was delivered by a medical supply store from my insurance. And the best part is I used it for a week and donated it yesterday...
  12. psychteach

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    Keep up the great job bill:) the worst is over. LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
  13. psychteach

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    @Dieter yes I understand the feeling. Although I want to shout it from the roof tops on how good I feel, I am kind of weaning off the board as i do not want to offend or make anyone feel bad who it is taking a little longer to reach.We have seem to be on a similar path of recovery . A really...
  14. psychteach

    Curious...your experience with walkers?

    I was delivered a walker , raised potty to my hospital room both brand new with tags . The insurance sent them for me free if charge.. Check with your insurance.. LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
  15. psychteach

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    Monday is 8 weeks. Today the veterans donation truck came by my house to pick up a scheduled donation of my walker, cane and raised toilet seat. I have had them in the garage and figured it was time to pass them on to someone who needs them. I thank all my friends who coaxed me into posting. I...
Back
Top Bottom