Recent content by PS46

  1. PS46

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Hi Jenny @Minnie15 - Great to hear from you! Firstly, yes we have had some rubbish weather over recent days and it sounds as though you we escaped a little better than you did! We were almost snowed in on Sunday and Monday, but it wasn't a massive issue and it has all disappeared now. No I...
  2. PS46

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Hi @Minnie15 Jenny Great to hear from you and especially to hear that you are doing so well Yes, I am fine thanks and was signed off by my surgeon a couple of months ago. We had our ops at round about the same time - mine was May 2nd. I had the same surgeon, hip and type of op as per last year...
  3. PS46

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Hi Layla @Layla It was the ligaments on the inside of my left knee, ie the side I had my THR in May. It wasn't really swollen - just tight. She did quite a bit of massage on it, plus gave me a few exercises, which helped a lot I have also been walking a lot, around 10-15k steps a day for the...
  4. PS46

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Hi @Layla I had a couple of issues with my knee (hip is great btw) and I have seen a chiropractor a few times She has been great and has made a massive difference - have you tried that? Peter
  5. PS46

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Hi @Minnie15 - Jenny Back to reality unfortunately, but I do feel much better for it. I was a bit apprehensive, as there are lots of steps in Cascais, but it was fine - we even went dancing one night. We were out until 02:00, which is about four hours later than usual! Disgraceful. Actually, I...
  6. PS46

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Hi @Minnie15 - Jenny Having a great time in Portugal, thanks. The weather has been in the early 30s - just the job. My ukulele (small one) is also enjoying Portugal and is having an airing most evenings! We saw a Pink Floyd tribute band give an open air concert last night - just brilliant ...
  7. PS46

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    Agreed @Mojo333 - positive thoughts from over the water for those suffering in Houston
  8. PS46

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Hi @Minnie15, Jenny Pleased to hear you are doing well! I am totally in agreement with the walking philosophy - it worked for me last time and is doing likewise this time around. I am walking 12000 steps most days, so not going too mad! I also seeing a chiropractor every couple of weeks and...
  9. PS46

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    :heehee: @Mojo333
  10. PS46

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    I'm wondering whether giving your legs a break was the most appropriate way to describe it, @Mojo333
  11. PS46

    THR THR - Post recovery progress and issues

    True @Jaycey - I had my first hip rep in March last year and the scar has faded away as you say - it's a very thin line now!
  12. PS46

    THR THR - Post recovery progress and issues

    I use Aveeno (wife and daughter's suggestion) - seems ok
  13. PS46

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    Hi Doug - think I must have forgotten to press the "send" button earlier Just to say that. I am pleased you made it back home ok and hope you are the recipient of better news in the days and weeks to come Best wishes from across the pond Peter
  14. PS46

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Hi @Minnie15 - good to hear from you! Seriously, I wouldn't worry about your hip. It sounds to me like you are doing really well and your knee problems are just the result of your gait being retrained and your muscles strengthening gradually to how they should be. I have had it myself. Twelve...
  15. PS46

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    You were probably too busy dancing, @Mojo333! That is a top report - well done. You must be delighted I'm off to do a gig this afternoon, without chair, cushion or stick - something I would never have considered a few weeks ago .... Congratulations and keep it up! Peter
Back
Top Bottom