THR THR - Post recovery progress and issues

So just over 4 weeks post op, still walking with one crutch - how were others at 4 weeks?
 
I'm four weeks today. Walking with one stick and doing a few steps on my own now. Still on blood thinning tablets for a few more days and taking paracetamol
Resting a lot!
Peter
 
4 weeks yesterday, Bilateral though, so still having to do a lot of icing and resting. I had a terrible limp and posture before my surgery, and I carry my cane with me but dont use it that much. My first steps are awkward, hence the cane for stability, and then i catch myself walking and carrying it. More of a stability prop in case something wants to be uncooperative which CAN happen for no apparent reason and then totally go away.?? Go figure. I think you are doing really well.
 
So nearly six weeks after LTHR, still walking with one crutch, due to see consultant on Tuesday when hopefully he will give me the OK to drive and remove the compression socks. Anyone got experience of what consultants use as a guideline to assess whether you are fit to drive and whether u can remove the compression socks?
 
You could toss them cool socks now In my opinion.
Once your moving about there really not necessary.
You should be ok for driving when he sees you ( short distances at first).
Well Done so far.
Joe.....
 
Yeah... Unless you have some circulation or at high risk for blood clots, the stockings could go in my opinion.
Hate to say but I dumped mine at 2 weeks...shhhh, don't tell my OS
 
Good to hear the socks can go - will wait till tomorrow to get the official word haha - become quite attached to them although don't help when I'm tanning in the garden .....just be good to get back driving and some independence
 
It's a good idea to wait until your followup visit before driving. You need that clearance by your OS as your insurance would not cover you if you drove while on restrictions.

Have you tried transitioning to a cane yet?
 
Hi Jaycey, thank you - not move to a cane yet - will wait and see what the consultant says tomorrow :)
 
Okay so 12 weeks after op and recovering well, what have people used to reduce scarring, bio oil any good?
 
I have used Palmer's with good results but my new favorite is coconut oil. I take capsule organic supplements and I can poke a hole in it and apply...just as long as incision is fully healed.
About once per week I use vitamin E on it.
Coconut oil works the best fresh out f the shower with skin damp...absorbs right in. Keeps skin near incision very supple.
 
You don't need to use anything on the scar. It will quickly fade to a very thin line.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom