Recent content by plinej

  1. plinej

    Direct Superior Approach

    Has anyone had this or scheduled for this?
  2. plinej

    2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    Scheduled for March 28, Right hip with Direct Superior Approach. Had the left done in 2011.
  3. plinej

    THR Six month update!

    Well, been meaning to get to this update but been super busy!! I must say that my new hip is the best thing I could have done! I am back to training/teaching in Taekwondo (have had to adjust some high impact training to lower impact but can otherwise do it ALL!!!) I am easily able to get...
  4. plinej

    THR That wasn't so bad!!!

    Thanks for the kind comments everyone! I am definitely finding my way. Still have a little pain and a lot of weakness in my operated leg but, heck, I was suffering for two years so those muscles, tendons, and ligaments aren't going to bounce back overnight. I am having a heck of a week here -...
  5. plinej

    THR That wasn't so bad!!!

    Well, 11 1/2 weeks post op I finally did my weapons form for you all to see!!! Not my best, stances not very deep but I am a happy camper!!! Other achievement - put my shoes AND socks on no tool today (socks were a real stretch so I a may wait a while before I make it a habit - I have been...
  6. plinej

    THR That wasn't so bad!!!

    Thanks for checking in, Kevin. So glad to hear your recovery seems to be going well. I have been lurking these boards but it has been a while since I updated so here goes! Last Monday I had my 2 month check-up and all went well. I did have a few days of feeling a great sense of regret-...
  7. plinej

    THR That wasn't so bad!!!

    Jen, thanks so much for the link. I had done lots of searches before my surgery but hadn't found this one. It was very encouraging as it parallels some of my expectations (hopes!) - that it takes time but I can return to what I have spent my whole life doing! Z- I actually love the idea of...
  8. plinej

    THR That wasn't so bad!!!

    Jane, I have been thinking of seeing if there are any Tai Chi classes near us! After 30 yrs in one style I think it would be great to be a new student again. I still am not doing any kicks but I am learning to trust my hip more and I am really surprised at some of the movement I was scared to...
  9. plinej

    THR That wasn't so bad!!!

    Thank you all for the comments! The pain seems to have subsided - I think I tweaked something with all my improvements mainly with the new sleeping positions but I have adapted how I change positions and now can change without thinking about it - feels great! So I am back to doing all the...
  10. plinej

    THR anitawants2tango is taking first steps

    Anita, your video was very inspirational! I am so looking forward to those days! Have fun at the next party!
  11. plinej

    THR Horsey Girl's Recovery

    Bea, I feel for you - we are dealing with the ice and snow also. It is hard to not be able to do the things we love to do but remember this too shall pass! Sending warm thoughts your way! Judy
  12. plinej

    THR Almostready is Ready! :-)

    I am about 2 weeks ahead of you and the pain you describe is exactly what I am dealing with (bothers me the most during the night and first thing in the morning and when I do those awful leg lifts!) I am assuming that it is recovery pain - seems worse now than a few weeks ago but I am really...
  13. plinej

    THR That wasn't so bad!!!

    Oh, Anita and Sandy, thank you for the encouragement! I have been trying a new outlook - no more pity parties for me!!! Sandy, I need your sunshine! Ice storms here so all the schools closed again! On a bright note! Today is week 6 and I have a few new developments to report!:yahoo: I can...
  14. plinej

    THR That wasn't so bad!!!

    My 5 week report! First the good things! Pretty much can do everything around the house -laundry, cleaning, etc. no vacuuming yet or major grocery shopping. Can drive ok. Exercises, such as they are, are going well (I only had 4 PT sessions which ended a few weeks ago so I haven't added any...
  15. plinej

    THR Jetlag's Recovery

    Kevin, glad to hear your on the way to improving - those first few days are really rough, aren't they? I can relate to the leg difference, mostly from my pre-op experience. The last several months, especially at the end my pelvis was so tilted and twisted I also had that feeling that my left...
Back
Top Bottom