Recent content by NightQuilter

  1. NightQuilter

    Spine 3 level ACDF recovery

    Hmmm. Those technical terms translate (thank you Google) to enlarged joints causing inflammation and pain, "dynamic instability" was when they decided it was time for my lumbar fusion for spondylolisthesis - anterolisthesis is also described as the movement of one vertebra forward or backward...
  2. NightQuilter

    Spine 3 level ACDF recovery

    Hi Granny. Frist, understand I have no medical training whatsoever; my observations are purely from my own experiences/circumstances and conversations with my own surgeon. My guess is that he may want them to benchmark where you are at this point. And it may be that they have developed new...
  3. NightQuilter

    Spine 3 level ACDF recovery

    Catching up with you Granny. It's been quite a journey for you. I agree with canceling the chiro. The minute there is movement in the neck, I don't want anyone touching it who can't see the mechanics of what happens inside! Do the doctors you are seeing have a patient portal? That's where...
  4. NightQuilter

    THR One hip done

    Each hip responds and revocers differently and at its own pace - even though I had mine done at the same time, I could perceive differences. And they easily can take over a year before you start forgetting you even had the surgery! MAy the new year bring you continuing recovery and lessened pain.
  5. NightQuilter

    Spine SPINE - Fusion, Microdecompression, Other Procedures - What to Expect

    My goodness @Grammy57 - that is a lot of medical parlance to have to sort through. I am glad you are seeing a neurosurgeon now. May you and the doc find some options to relieve your pain!
  6. NightQuilter

    THR One hip done

    Hey @Tra2419 - hoping your left hip is doing great!
  7. NightQuilter

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Such great news! Congrats!!
  8. NightQuilter

    TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

    @Stiff knee NC - I so agree with others here - you have some definitive direction and as aggravating as additional surgery will be, you can at least prepare for it and have a clear sense of what will be involved for recovery Better luck with the exercise protocols in the meantime. @Vida -...
  9. NightQuilter

    TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

    AH Greece - I am so glad you had an incredible trip! Our nephew and his wife, a Greek national, are both PhD archeologists, and run tours in ancient Greek history, dappled with mythology! @benne68 I hope leftie gives you a little space until you and your OS can decide the when and where!!
  10. NightQuilter

    TKR Abdominal muscle pain

    Woohoo @Whoodee ! We love the great news when others join in the pain-free post-op club. So glad to hear your journey has had a great outcome!
  11. NightQuilter

    THR One hip done

    I totally agree. As your hip(s) degenerated, your body made a lot of adjustments to compensate and try to avoid the pain. WIth your new hip, you are back in proper alignment on the right and your body is adjusting to your new, correct, normal. The areas you mention are all making those...
  12. NightQuilter

    TKR Two knees done, 4 and 5 1/2 months out. Questions

    Hi Salleroo - I saw your comment on Dmcfad2's thread and did not want to hijack her thread. I hope your recovery - and sleep - are improving! With your left knee about 3 weeks out, you are not unlike my situation where I had the two knees replaced 7 weeks apart. Very impressed that you are...
  13. NightQuilter

    TKR Question About Pain After TKR

    Debbie, I hope your surgeon gets that cancellation so you can get in there sooner. Would this be the same surgeon who did your hips? I agree with previous respondents - your current pain is not going to improve until your replacement. Be sure to check out some of the exercises to prepare for...
  14. NightQuilter

    THR One hip done

    @Tra2419 it sounds like you are progressing well. SInce it sounds like you are off the heavy meds, for the sleeping issues, have you considered taking ibuprofen or acetaminophen with a PM - Advil PM (ibuprofen) or Excedrin PM (acetaminophen) at night? It may be enough to get you to that 7th or...
  15. NightQuilter

    Spine SPINE - Fusion, Microdecompression, Other Procedures - What to Expect

    @Grammy57 , it seems a few of us have been away from here for a bit! Glad you do not have osteoporosis! And what an interesting procedure to insert wedges into the facets. Good luck with the knee!
Back
Top Bottom