THR One hip done

Hi Tra,
Swelling causes pressure on the skin which can result in itching. Swelling can last from weeks to months post op
and you're not even two months post op yet. If the swelling is not something new, or you can attribute it to some type of activity, I wouldn't worry. You may want to call tomorrow and let someone on your OS's care team ask you a few questions, rather than wait until the day of surgery...if you're feeling this is new / unusual.
Icing may help both the swelling and itching. Give it a try.
@Tra2419
 
Hi @Layla I felt the swelling was going down and then it seem to come back. I haven’t done any extra activity.
I iced today and it felt better but I have sent an email to my orthopedic office and will follow up.
Thanks for responding
:thankyou:
@Tra2419
 
You're welcome! I think you'll feel better knowing that you've communicated with them.
Best wishes for tomorrow!
@Tra2419
 
Each hip responds and revocers differently and at its own pace - even though I had mine done at the same time, I could perceive differences. And they easily can take over a year before you start forgetting you even had the surgery!

MAy the new year bring you continuing recovery and lessened pain.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom