Guest viewing is limited

TKR Abdominal muscle pain

Just wondered if it is normal to feel upper thigh discomfort, not really pain, and also some discomfort in upper right buttock. Not quite three months out with right TKR and have increased exercise and activity level and wondered if this could be the cause. Knee still swells some and I continue to ice and elevate. No actual knee pain. Thanks for any advice.
 
I have certainly noticed various twinges at different times during this recovery. If you have a good physio who understands muscle groups/ interactions and is interested- I would ask them what they think is going on. Are you walking straight? Is there any residual limp? Do you need to look at your shoes/ inserts? I found that my feet still have a slight tendency to turn in even though my leg is now straight. Gel insoles with an arch support help my posture and back pain.
 
Hello Whoodee :wave:
Increased exercise and activity can bring on new twinges or discomfort. Hopefully you tried dialing it back and it's eased. It's four months to date since your last TKR, Happy Four Month Anniversary! I hope you're having a nice holiday weekend!
@Whoodee
 
Thank you Layla. Yes, it seems a bit better now. By the way, I am at my three month anniversary from my last TKR. It was February 27. I appreciate you thinking of me. Happy Memorial Day!
 
Had visit with ortho today on right TKR after three months. Gave me an excellent report and I don’t see him for nine months. Now I can make dental appointment. Way overdue.
 
Haven’t posted anything for a while but I have a question. Is it normal to have zingers in your knee at post op of nearly ten months? I don’t recall having them before and they just started up this morning. Just feels like little electric tingles every now and then. My knee has been fine and I’ve not done anything out of the ordinary with it. Don’t want to be worried if it’s nothing. Had my right knee replaced almost six months ago and it is fine. No zingers with it yet. Thanks for any help.
 
Haven’t posted anything for a while but I have a question. Is it normal to have zingers in your knee at post op of nearly ten months? I don’t recall having them before and they just started up this morning. Just feels like little electric tingles every now and then. My knee has been fine and I’ve not done anything out of the ordinary with it. Don’t want to be worried if it’s nothing. Had my right knee replaced almost six months ago and it is fine. No zingers with it yet. Thanks for any help.
I believe it's normal and may be associated with sensory nerves that were traumatized in surgery starting to "wake up."
 
I hardly had any most of my recovery, but have been getting more just recently, at the one year mark. Mine feel like a mosquito is biting me. I go to swat it and then realize it’s just my knee nerves doing their thing!
 
Haven‘t posted anything in quite a while and I’m not sure if I’m doing this in the correct area, but I just wanted to say that this time last year I was in so much pain and discomfort with both knees needing to be replaced and apprehensive about my approaching right TKR, but now almost a year out from that one and eight months out from having the right TKR done, I am totally pain free and loving my new knees. I had an amazing recovery and no complications at all and am truly blessed! I would say to anyone contemplating knee replacement but are afraid to do so, don’t wait. Get it done! I wish I had sooner when I realized it really wasn’t that bad and such a difference it made in the quality of my life. Best wishes and blessings to all.
 
What an encouraging update, Whoodee! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and share the good news.
I'm happy to read you're doing well and no longer suffering pain, nor the anxiety that goes along with a diagnosis and scheduling surgery.
Get it done! I wish I had sooner when I realized it really wasn’t that bad and such a difference it made in the quality of my life
So many say this afterward, but sadly, I think it's one of those things that is hard to impress upon people beforehand. I recall feeling the exact same way post op. You are blessed, Whoodee. May it only get better!
 
What a wonderful and encouraging post! Thank you for your uplifting words. God bless you!
 
WooHOOOO!!!!
I'm about 3 - 4 months behind you with my two, and when I consider how unstable and cranky my knees were before surgery.... Heck Yeah!!!!
So glad you're moving ahead. Sending a congratulatory ((hug))!
 
Woohoo @Whoodee ! We love the great news when others join in the pain-free post-op club. So glad to hear your journey has had a great outcome!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom