Recent content by newkneesNH

  1. newkneesNH

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    Hi Ann, What did you have done during your revision? What were you feeling prior to it and what did the doctor have to do in surgery? Is your therapy in a swimming pool? That should feel good I hope. Please let me know how it goes. I am always wondering if any little feeling I am having is...
  2. newkneesNH

    Bilateral TKR New pain 10 mths post op

    Hi Connie Congratulations on your BTKR and you are now on the road to recovery now. I had BTKR in January 2014 and have done very well. I remember how I felt where you are now. Be patient with yourself and your healing process. I had to learn to do that and it was the most important thing I...
  3. newkneesNH

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    Hi Ann, Thank you for your note. Not sure why you wrote aka Twiggy - that is someone else I believe on the site? I am doing very well with my BTKR since January. I keep remembering last winter at this time and the horrible daily pain I felt and now it's gone. A miracle! I could not enjoy any...
  4. newkneesNH

    TKR New active life--here I come!

    Thinking of you and sending you healing wishes. Write when you are up to it.
  5. newkneesNH

    Bilateral TKR soon

    @Elizabeth U Good luck to you on Nov 20th. All of us here will be thinking of you and sending you best wishes. You will be happy to be on the other side and begin your recovery. Sounds like you will be done with both before Jan. Glad you found a good doctor you trust and will take excellent...
  6. newkneesNH

    TKR Hi. Glad I found you all

    @jerseygirl-in-ca I hope you are feeling better and have had your incision checked out. I have read some of your thread and hope you have had some relief from your pain. We are the same age and have had both of our knees done so I feel we share something and can offer understanding. I had my...
  7. newkneesNH

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    Greetings to All - Have not written in quite awhile. I am doing very well. Can't believe it has been 10 months since my BTKR last January. I have become so active now that my days are filled with working, running errands, and helping others in their daily lives. I only take Tylenol if I over...
  8. newkneesNH

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Hey Blue - excellent news for you, have been catching up on you today and it all sounds so good. Know once you get your mind on work topics you will start to think a little less about your knees, but take it easy and remember to be kind to them. You are making great progress. I have been...
  9. newkneesNH

    Knee replacement

    msmechanic58 how are you? I had BTKR in January and will be glad to make you feel better any time. I am a side sleeper too, and eventually could get on my left side to sleep for short periods. Turning on my rt side was harder, don't know why. I did use pillows between my knees for support...
  10. newkneesNH

    Bilateral TKR Adventures of the Goo-Knee Twins

    Hello EmptyHands! You sound like you are doing better and better each day. Good job with all your PT, keep it up it pays off. I have two more PT sessions and then doctor said I don't have to go anymore. Wow was a bit shocked to hear him say I am ahead in my healing and PT and can continue on...
  11. newkneesNH

    Bilateral TKR Adventures of the Goo-Knee Twins

    Greetings for the first time. You are doing very well. I hope your recovery keeps moving in a positive direction. I can tell you that each week now you will notice small changes and be able to do more. Sleep whenever you can. Rest is huge. It made my recovery so much better. Some days you have...
  12. newkneesNH

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Hi @Bluetechseeker Thank you for writing. I am so sorry you are having so many problems with meds, swelling, pain, stiffness etc. When do you see your doctor next? I wonder if you've thought of getting a second opinion or if you're happy with your doctor's answers. I feel bad the meds made you...
  13. newkneesNH

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Bluetechseeker so great to hear back from you. I have missed you. I must say I am still sore today from my pt on Monday. I see two different physical therapist, and the male therapist tends to be a bit rougher. He massaged my knee caps - the tissue under and around. Tuesday it hurt to walk...
  14. newkneesNH

    Bilateral TKR A few physical therapy questions

    You are so right about going slow. Did not mean to imply I was pushing too hard. I have pt 2x a week and usually see a pt that is gentle and steady with my progress. She has helped me get to 120. And the more I have rested, not over done at home and iced the better my knees react. You are 100%...
  15. newkneesNH

    Bilateral TKR A few physical therapy questions

    Thank you Phil. Its been a long winter recovering and healing. The pt has paid off for sure. So glad I did both knees so I can get on with life and one recovery. I have worked hard at my PT and finally got to ROM 120 yesterday. Hope to get more range with more work. PT can be a work out for...
Back
Top Bottom