Recent content by Newboots

  1. Newboots

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    There’s obviously a reason you call it a lopsided recovery Tracey! Whoops hope it’s not too painful ...
  2. Newboots

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    :yes: That’s so great beachy. Well done you -living life! Such a good thing to aim for .
  3. Newboots

    TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

    @gecko was just having a similar conversation with a friend the other day.We ended with the count your blessings phrase and it’s true life goes on. We have to look forward to being mobile and taking part in ordinary life again. For me the plus side of my father’s funeral is that my son and 2...
  4. Newboots

    TKR Donna' s Recovery

    @Denny39 at 15 weeks I’m back on the Tramadol! Otherwise the pain keeps me awake.What a good idea to take your pills every other night.
  5. Newboots

    TKR Donna' s Recovery

    So good to hear of your improvements! Maybe you’re sleep will get better the more active you are. :walking::sleep:
  6. Newboots

    TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

    Glad you got some sleep @ Mollymax . I knocked myself out with 2 Tramadol last night as I’ve been having problems sleeping lately because of knee pain. It was great and I’m still in bed ! Your progress at doing steps is great. Hope your pain continues to lessen.
  7. Newboots

    TKR 12 weeks with a new knee

    Thanks for all your supportive comments.They really help. Feel in a bit of a funk at the moment ...can’t quite believe my Dad’s gone but also have to get on with all the practical things. The funeral is next week and it’s going to be v busy. My sister’s coming over from France and my son from...
  8. Newboots

    TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

    My sympathies @gecko .My Dad died last week and it does knock you back. Luckily I live near him and saw him in the morning before he died. He was 95. However with all the things to arrange it I have another focus than the knee. Except my brain is still like mush due to lack of sleep .... Do wish...
  9. Newboots

    Revision TKR Motherbone's Recovery Thread

    Wow that’s an amazing thing @Motherbone. You’ve been through so much.Sitting at the table like a “normal” person must feel so good. Big achievement!
  10. Newboots

    Revision TKR TKR - Feel like a Failure<

    This is a really interesting topic.When my first tkr reached about 7 months I forgot all about it not being ‘my knee’. I had my second knee done 4 months later and unfortunately due to it having to take the strain my first tkr has become inflamed and i’m aware of it not being my real knee. My...
  11. Newboots

    TKR 12 weeks with a new knee

    Hi all, Not been able to post as we had a sad family event on Monday. My 95 year old father died. It was very peaceful and quick but not expected so a shock. Sad but so glad it was not prolonged. We’d just moved him into a nursing home that he liked very much.That happened whist I was in the...
  12. Newboots

    TKR Mom2Lucy's Recovery Thread

    At over 3 months I’m taking a Tramadol before bed cus my knee is still a bit painful . I get sleepy but then find it difficult to actually get to sleep. When I get to sleep I do wake up but usually can get back to sleep again. Luckily I’m not getting up for work. Occasionally have a nap in the...
  13. Newboots

    TKR New knee pain 18 months after TKR

    Oh gosh Jockette . I think it was a long sleeve and not very stretchy. It seemed to work because it was a constant pressure particularly when I was in bed and I couldn’t stand sheets or loose pjs wafting around my knee!
  14. Newboots

    TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

    You poor thing Mollymax.:console2:
  15. Newboots

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    Nice to SEE you Beachys. I’m in The North of England, Yorkshire. A very beautiful bit of country but a bit dour at this time of year!
Back
Top Bottom