TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

Hey, Tracey!
Just popped in to see what's going on in bonesmart land.
And you're back in the ODIC. Guess nothing's changed :rotfl:
Hope everything is coming along for you!
 
Hey hey @beachy !:wave:
Ya but it was a super short visit. Guess it’s the sign I’m ready to step down my presidency and let a new-knee-bie take over. Lol :heehee:

Woke up next morning with NO issues or anything :yahoo:

Considering I had pt and then baked 4doz cookies, made a pot of chilli and cleaned the apt a tad I should have been a hot mess but nope. I saved you a cookie. Sorta stale now tho.

How are you doing??
 
All is well in Beachy world. Except I'm not at the beach :hairpulling:.
Thanks for the cookie! Is it grain free? LOL
My knee is really good. Oops...did I just set myself up?


Sounds like you're making great progress! So happy for you!
You've had a tough recovery and I hope it's all behind you now.
Love to hear your good reports!
 
we need to have a “dork” emoji for me. Lol

Had a great day at pt today. Swelling was way down, easy easy movement thru the knee, stability exercises were easier, did 12 stairs up leg over leg. Just one of those days.
:loveshwr:

Was so happy when she was done testing I hopped off the table and went to do a little jump -clap forgetting my shoes weren’t on right yet and tied up annnnddddd..... went over on my left ankle.
:rotfl:
It ballooned up in minutes. My pt froze in her tracks and I burst out laughing so she did too. Back on the bed with ice on R TKR and L ankle. :bored: Left with it K tape after my massage.

Guess it’s a good thing I didn’t have much to do today. :gaah:
 
Oh no, Tracey! You can’t even celebrate without getting hurt. :console2: I hope it’s very minor and feels better quickly.
 
Good to see you had a great day at PT! I switched providers and the new PT is amazing so I had a great day as well!
 
@Jockette good reminder to stay humble in small victories I guess. Lol

@donnag1108 so glad you had a good experience at the new place. Makes such a difference!

Thanks all for the concern but happy to report it’s already feeling way better. Swelling way down and just a bit achy now.

Hubs got a good laugh. Said “I’ve seen you turn a double play with your eyes closed, backcheck on a breakaway, swim a mile a night and you sprain an ankle celebrating at physio? Really?” :loll:
 
Lol @beachy. That’s what you got out of that huh? Lol

A liner at my head once, snagged it cleanly but squeezed my eyes shut out of reaction. Buddy that took off to home figuring no one would have ever caught it dove back and I tagged him eyes still closed out of sheer luck. Was the ongoing joke rest of the season that I turned double plays with my eyes closed.
 
I am a girl of summer and self proclaimed baseball freak so that's why I picked up on the D2. (22 days til pitchers and catchers report).
The vision of you turning that is hilarious! All out of self preservation.
And you thought to tag him. Love it!
 
Ah!! Now I got what you are talking about I was completely bamboozeled, but didnt want to look like a dummy, now to try and get some sleep:alarm:
 
I competed in softball for Team Ontario to be my off-season sport for my 13 years of volleyball to keep up my conditioning. then when I got “old” switched to men’s fast pitch league with hubby for a few yrs. he got grumpy (jealous) about it and my knee deteriorated so bad at that point I stopped. Played in 2 or 3 high level sports from age 8 to 22. Then the last knee injury couldn’t recover and I had to go to rec leagues.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom