Recent content by nensi

  1. nensi

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    Ahoy my besties! Always keepin me on the right side of reality :) Now I am extra glad I checked in... Note to self... Check in more often - its a mood changer Now off to make some easy dinner. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. nensi

    TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

    Hey @sooz58 here's a silly Suzy cat pic to cheer you on. She is a pro at resting and I am sure with rest and getting your pain meds settled - you will be too.
  3. nensi

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    Second work week! Still working half days and I still need to ! Settling into the routine, and I think that I am getting stronger but I need lots of rest. I am getting a little better at knowing my limits. PT still results in muscle pain big time and a early bedtime. Still taking...
  4. nensi

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    Pff, day 2 of work better than day one plus PT. Icing now and elevating...
  5. nensi

    Bilateral TKR 8 weeks post op - when does it get better?

    Luanne, I am 9 weeks postop bilat as well and just started back to work, half days. This is my second day and it is kicking my butt. I have started icing again with a vengeance when I get home. You haven't mentioned your meds - are you still taking any? And are you doing any PT? I am taking...
  6. nensi

    Bilateral TKR just throwin it out there<'

    Jeez, @dennyside, just read your thread, I'm one of your bilat buddies, mine was done on June 30th so I'm at 10 weeks and back to work this week, half days. I really followed the BS bible for the first 5-6 weeks, minimal PT, constant elevation and icing. I pretty much iced around the clock...
  7. nensi

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Oh. My. Gosh. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Bounding? Kneeling! Wow. (A low prayerful "wow.") @SusieShoes
  8. nensi

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    Pooped. Describes everything about me right now. Half a day at work today went great. Not so copacetic getting up at 6am because I am sooooooooooooo slow at doing everything and had to shower before work. I have a recliner at work and ice packs and I iced and elevated from 10-11, while I was...
  9. nensi

    TKR Patience not my virtue

    @Canada35, just catching up on your "real life" thread - sounds great to me back here at 9 weeks! I have to admit, a little envious of such full day actiivities - I have to ration myself and make sure I have enough ice time or I pay for it later. I AM getting better at estimating what will be...
  10. nensi

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    @OJ2 , I can really identify with your "hip raising" comment - after so many years of poor ROM and great creativity in all kinds of contortions to compensate for lack of bend I find that UN- learning the hip lift to be one of the most challenging ! In really have to concentrate and focus to...
  11. nensi

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    It has been difficult juggling everything this last week - lots of activity here, school started for Elena yesterday and the other two kids off on vacation before college starts. Yesterday was my NINE week knee-versary. Woot woot I also went in to work for about 2 hours yesterday to join a...
  12. nensi

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    @sooz58 , at least there are "only" three seasons of Grace and Frankie, right? So you can pretty much predict when you'll be back above the underwater TV coma. I call it that because everything else seems to fade away in importance and be at such a distance that it's as if you are viewing from...
  13. nensi

    TKR VW's new joint venture

    Hi there VW! Hope you can relax and have some fun this Saturday at your daughter's wedding! You are gonna ace that waltz! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. nensi

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    @sooz58 Loving me some chocolate kiss! So funny that all your kitties and grand kitties always hug your face!
  15. nensi

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    Back to things knees ! I have been doing a bit more around the house, only have my oldest daughter to help this last week and she has to study for her looming exams. So I have cooked a bit and picked up things here and there. Walking inside without a cane or crutches, confidently. Driving for...
Back
Top Bottom