TKR VW's new joint venture

I hope the tech issue is now resolved for you -- it got fixed for me about an hour ago. Have fun at the wedding - I hope you will be able to enjoy waltzing as well as all the wonderful moments for the wedding.
 
You will be in my thoughts on Saturday! I hope the wedding is everything your daughter dreamed of AND that you take it easy! You"ve planned well, just follow through!
 
Hi there VW! Hope you can relax and have some fun this Saturday at your daughter's wedding! You are gonna ace that waltz!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The wedding was splendid! The weather was dismal. We had 35C the day before...making preparations a huge bother. Then overnight a storm. Rainy and cold only 22C.
But it cleareed a bit after ceremony so that photographer could make photos of them at the castle park.
Two of the 3 games I was in charge of, went well.
The others found little enthusiasm. His family and our family hardly mingled. Oh well.
DJ and music and light shows were successful.
Lots of 80s and 90s music. -
At the tune of Heartland "I loved her first"(a beautiful song.. know it? Try youtube. I chose it.)
My DD danced w her dad and I danced w SIL.
Then another dance with his dad and then one w my DH. Later on in the evening a few times to ABBA tunes. So got to do 5 dances. Yay!
I wore low shoes. Good thing I did.
I iced in between. The bar had space in the freezer and my DH was kept busy exchanging them for me. Stayed till 1:30 a.m. but oh my! it hurt quite a bit once in bed. Am ok again today.
Photos in next post. (Photographer said we might get them all in a few days.) These are from my phone camera.
 
Last edited:
My friend took this one using my phone.
Might edit to add more or subtract later.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] VW's new joint venture
    VW+DD.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 281
Hurrraaahhhhh! What a great report! And a beautiful photo! I am soooooo glad that it all went well and that your knee held out! You made thoughtful plans ahead and followed through making the entire evening smooth!
I bet you loved the dances and feeling " normal"! Now, rest and recuperate! :yay:
 
Oh my, what a wonderful time you had enjoying 5 dances and playing games! The photo of you and your daughter is just lovely! And, you stayed up until 1:30 A.M.? Huzzah! I know you said it hurt by the time you got to bed, but then, you were basically ok the following morning? If so, another victory! Great planning and a great event @VW54!
 
Great photo -- you both look so happy!!! 5 dances!!! That is outstanding! So glad the ice was available as I'm sure it helped you to survive the evening - not just survive, but thrive! Hopefully it won't take too long to recover. Good thing you were used to late nights from earlier in the recovery. It was good training for last night!! Well done VW!:happydance::yay::dancy:
 
My DH took this w his phone.
Hope to sleep better and longer this coming night.
Have early start at rehab tomorrow.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] VW's new joint venture
    M+T.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 254
What an uplifting report you have given us! You two looked beautiful! I am so glad your knee behaved itself. You did it, girl!
 
Such a beautiful bride! And a lovely picture of the two of you! So glad that all went well and you got to enjoy the evening!
 
Am at the ODIC now.
Too much fun has its cost.
On top of preps on Friday, dancing / long walks Saturday, cobblestone walks Sunday and very long rehab day today incl. using public transit both to and fro (1 hour) have sent me there.
I just now told DH, I might not go to rehab tomorrow. It's in the afternoon. Let’s see how this eve and night and morning go. He will drive me, he said.
Good man that!
 
Rest a lot today and maybe you will be feeling better tomorrow - although missing a day of rehab might be a good thing. You did an amazing amount of "PT" over the weekend. I find that when I overdo it now I tend to recover more quickly than I did a month ago.
 
I'm glad the wedding went so well - you and your daughter look lovely.

Now, you've earned several days of rest. Skip the rehab for a few days, until you've recovered from all the wedding activity.
 
Absolutely fantastic that you were able to have such an enjoyable time! Very beautiful bride, and clearly your pride was shining all over your face! Glad you were able to stay on top of things with the ice, and I agree that your DH is a definite gem! Bask in the afterglow! PT will always be there waiting for another day!
 
congratulations and those are beautiful photos. your daughter is stunning and i love her dress. you've done very well and deserve a good long rest.
 
Please, give yourself a break from rehab tomorrow. You've done much more than the average bear these last few days and my knee is aching in sympathy, lol. Your daughter is a really stunning bride and the dress is divine!:wowspring:
 
Beautiful picture of you and your daughter. Aren't weddings fun? Dancing till the wee hours of the morning, you sure are doing wonderful. If you want a day off PT I think you deserve it
 
12 weeks post op, and 4 weeks completed at rehab.
(1 week shy of 3 months kneeversary)
I held on to both railings and managed to walk foot over foot downstairs today. :happydance:(I cannot do it holding only on one side, but that will come in time, right?)
I walked up 4 steps underwater without holding on to anything today also. :yahoo:

I did 20 minutes (or just a little over 4 Km) on the recumbent bike at PT today (hardly any resistance) . I wear an elastic brace for that and find that helps a lot. I also use it for walks that I know will be longer than 400m. Otherwise am supposed to keep it off.
I sleep well, but occasionally wake up when trying to get into the fetal position. I dream a lot about jumping and running. :chinstroke:
As I wrote on a previous thread, I'm doing the recommended "strengthening" exercises at PT classes at rehab, but only to a certain point, being careful to not overdo it. have had a few therapeutic massages and have stopped the PTs firmly if what they were doing caused pain. They have labelled me as the woman who is resolute about no pain. :ok:
When I come home from rehab, (Mo-Th, 2 or 3 hours) my routine is to hang up the swimsuit to dry and go lie down on couch with ice packet for 30 minutes. Often I fall asleep.
My knee still clonks :sigh:and clicks and it still bugs me. :skep: Sometimes, usually when I walk more quickly, it'll give way or wobble, feeling unstable:what: That's when I worry a bit. (but I worry about so many things:whistle:) I still have the tight band or gripping claw feeling and still have the numbness and the zingers can be pretty wild.

I'm due to see OS some time next week or after rehab is over in 2 weeks time. I hope he will order 10 more times PT, which will probably surprise most of you. But I think 1 x week or one time every 2nd week , will be good to make sure my other knee also stays healthy for as long as possible. I'm basically a lazy person, and that will keep me on my toes, pun intended. :blush:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom