Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

I don't know how I missed your 5 week report! If I had seen it I would love it! And too maybe I did see it, but my mind just doesn't recall it. And what a wonderful outing, loved your pics! I am really missing seeing you post, but I did creep a bit and noticed you have jumped on and peaked, just not commenting!!! I miss the ability to like posts...wonder what has happened to that!!!??!! Hope you are doing well!
 
Hi Nancy,
I have tried to send you a personal message but it could not find you. Not sure if you deleted your profile or this is still a problem related to the forum. Hopefully all is well with you and you are just living life! We are here for you girl if you need us!
 
Wow! So much attention...eating it up :)... so much caring that you guys bring to this process...

I....am.....alive.
And kicking.

Well, maybe not so much on the kicking. Every time I have to do a "heels-up" exercise for PT and I glance back to see how "high" I am kicking and my toes are barely leaving the ground, man - that's a reality check !
 
Where have I been?
It's a story with chapters.
After my glorious five week report I had some trouble grounding, my feet just wouldn't touch the ground.
If you have been following my thread you know that I am juggling all kinds of activities to beat the boredom, but really it is also to have a variety of things to occupy me. I can get a tad, a wee bit, a little obsessive. Hmm, that sounds like a little bit pregnant.
Anyway, my crocheting project just possessed me ! I could not stop crocheting. It took on a rhythm and a tempo of its own but still left my mind to be thinking and wondering and watching the clouds outside my window.
I am guessing that those thoughts and musing didn't get posted.
And it didn't have anything to do with the new site.
Just when my crocheting was loosening its hold on me, I discovered "Frankie and Grace" on Netflix and discovered that I could crochet and binge watch and my thoughts wouldn't be so all-consuming. I really enjoy Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda and was totally oblivious to the existence of the show!
Ikr
I really don't consume too much TV.
It's a good thing that there are only three seasons or I might still be binging...
Chapter 2 was when my Ian Rankin (John Rebus stories) book Black and Blue took over where Frankie and Grace left off. So I was alternating reading when I was exercising and crocheting when I couldn't get comfy reading.

But that wasn't all, the biggest reason why I have stayed UN-social the last week or so, is that I could not trust myself to keep the Bonesmart forum apolitical, straying only occasionally into themes like pets and chocolate.
So I hope that the edge has worn off a bit from the intense feelings I have had in the wake of Charlottesville.
 
Back to things knees !
I have been doing a bit more around the house, only have my oldest daughter to help this last week and she has to study for her looming exams. So I have cooked a bit and picked up things here and there.
Walking inside without a cane or crutches, confidently.
Driving for short errands. Took DH to the swimming pool to use the handicapped showers - that was a BIG thing.
Sleeping better at night, longer stretches 6 hours, no pillows, no ice, sleeping on my sides.
Planning to sleep upstairs tonight with DH ❤️

So get me up to date, eh! Who are the kneebies, I mean the nubies? Whose thread should I check out ?
And what's all this with the new site? Instead of being a Senior aspiring to be a Graduate like SusieShoes, all of a sudden I am a "well known member" ? That doesn't exactly fly my kite !
 
@sooz58
Loving me some chocolate kiss!
So funny that all your kitties and grand kitties always hug your face!
 
It good to see you back. You had a lot of people concerned about you! It's good that you could focus on something besides knees. I remember how aggravating that was. Every conversation was around my knee. I wanted to forget about it, but it wouldn't let me!
 
hi nensi ~ i'm a well-known member too.:eyebrows: as for what's new, other than newbies or kneebies, we've started to post a few threads over on the social page, i.e. our virtual bike trip. wowza, you've been busy keeping yourself productively occupied and it sounds like your knees are recovering very well. i know what you mean about the intense feelings.:sad:
 
Welcome back! We sure did miss you! Glad all is well and you have had a life outside of BTKR! I've read SEVERAL books on the Kindle app on iPad during recovery...especially books set in other countries...takes me away in my mind!
I drove yesterday ( 4 wks, 2 days) to get my hair cut, colored and highlighted! Whew! I felt like a new person!
Soooo glad you've returned to the group! ( I have to admit to thinking perhaps I had been black balled from BS for non compliance and straying from the subject! )
 
Welcome back Nensi -- glad to hear that you are doing well and finding things to keep busy. Know what you mean about tough to stay focused on knees at certain times. I'm quite sure that some of my tears last weekend were unrelated to my sore and swollen knees. I also enjoyed Frankie and Grace
 
I LOVE Grace and Frankie! I have been doing some bing watching myself. Mostly British stuff like Call the Midwife and Last Tango in Halifax. I just learned to crochet at the beginning of the year. I was back to that before the knitting because my crochet project is a Granny Stripe Blanket with my fingering scraps and mostly all one stitch. Glad you are back and all is well.
 
Hi Nancy, nice to hear from you. I am not pointing fingers about not hearing from you in too long... I find I don't check in as often either. If there is one main reason I haven't gotten to BoneSmart, it's that I've become a tad bit, a wee little bit obsessed with following politics. I can't tear myself away from reading and watching, as if that will make things any better. It's become my new "job" in my twisted mind. I tell my friends that they're lucky they have busy lives so they don't "have to" pay attention to every little thing in the news. Now I'm wondering if I'll return to a once-a-day newspaper reader and news program watcher.

Seems like recovery is fading a bit into the background, so that's huge to not need to focus so much attention on each little twinge. Carry on, my friend!
 
ok Nancy, I am blaming you, I had never heard of Grace and Frankie and now I am hooked watching this!!! Not getting much of my pre-surgery cleaning done with the tv calling my name!!!!!! ((hugz)) hope all is well!
 
Nensi, you breathe and live! Phew, we were all so worried about you but now I see you've been indulging in TV Land, books and knitting instead of focusing on your knees! That's great, but we really have missed you, so try to find a few minutes here and there to update your Smartie friends, eh?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Nancy, I'm just checking on you. I hope things are going well. Let us know how you are, we miss you and all your lovely photos and videos!
 
Last edited:
@sooz58 , at least there are "only" three seasons of Grace and Frankie, right?
So you can pretty much predict when you'll be back above the underwater TV coma. I call it that because everything else seems to fade away in importance and be at such a distance that it's as if you are viewing from a great height or from underwater....

So why no Bonesmart lately? I have been occupied, yes, but also my daily routine is kind of all chaotic. I was forum-ing while I did my CPM or icing. I am still doing those things but knitting. I don't know, maybe I just needed a break from all things knees - like Pheebs and our newly minted FA @SusieShoes (congrats and kudos
Susie !) said.

This week will be the last week we are together, my oldest daughter leaves on a road trip through Denmark and Sweden with her boyfriend on Saturday and my son on a city trip to Barcelona with his girlfriend, leaving my middle chaile, Elena to brave it out with DH and me. She is starting school on Friday, an intensive prep year to be qualified to apply for admission to the Antwerp Fashion School.

I will be going back to work next week, half days! So I have been a little anxiour, but things are going well. My bend is improving, no idea how many degrees it is, but I can get up from a chair with no hands.
Look, Ma ! No hands !
Once I get a volunteer camera person roped in I will post some videos...
 
So good to hear from you! And thanks for the congrats, just hoping to help. :) I also hear you about life becoming busy and also more normal. Our knees no longer occupy that center spot in our lives. Our days get crowded with projects and people and plans. Your children's plans all sound amazing!

Plus knitting... you make such lovely things! And big cheers for standing up with no hands! :happydance:
 
It's great to hear from you Nensi and also to know that engaging in *real* life is what's keeping you from posting here.:yes!: Congratulations on achieving the "Handless Stands!" :spin:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom