Recent content by muddy paws

  1. muddy paws

    TKR Trailspud Recovery thread

    Hey Trailspud, Sounds like you are doing quite well. I certainly couldn't do what you are doing in the gym. I have followed your thread and am very Impressed by all that you have done. It's so hard to be patient, chill and let everything heal. I am only 3 months out from my Conformis RTKR but...
  2. muddy paws

    Four months out and a new pain has started

    Funny you mention this. I had my right TKR on August 26th ,am 53 and my recovery has been like yours. However, I took a short trip to Costco yesterday and today my knee is NOT happy at all! What's with that?! I am hanging out today icing ,hoping it feels better tomorrow. Hope yours does as...
  3. muddy paws

    TKR Muddy Paws makes it thru!

    Hi All, It's been 11 weeks since I had my TKR and I'm doing ok. I still have some pain in the knee and still might limp when I stress it ,but all in all it does seem to be getting better every week. I'm doing all the normal things such as driving, grocery shopping, went back to work at 8...
  4. muddy paws

    Extreme pain 5 month post op

    Hey Overdidit, I sent you a private PM and am happy to help you
  5. muddy paws

    TKR RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey

    Sheesh Donna, Good grief , you have been thru the ringer with your recovery. Sounds like you haven't had the kind of support that you really need. I hope things are getting better for you. I wonder if liquid vitamin E would help your scar? Keep your head down and your knee up! :)
  6. muddy paws

    PKR Right knee 9/24...so far so good...

    Hi Cheetahdriver, Glad to hear you are doing so well!!! Welcome to Bonesmart, where all the people truly care about you. Your recovery sounds a lot like mine. I drove down to the barn at 9 days and was doing the bike in full rotation at 2 weeks. All was going extremely well, hardly any...
  7. muddy paws

    Extreme pain 5 month post op

    No problem! Hope it works out for you. I'm ditching my PT sessions and joining the gym again. Hope to see you there
  8. muddy paws

    Extreme pain 5 month post op

    You actually have to join the Regency. It's not super expensive and you can use the pool, the gym, the sauna, the steam room and of course showers. You can join for 3 months, 6 months or a full year. Of course you might want o go and see the place for yourself so you can decide. The good...
  9. muddy paws

    Extreme pain 5 month post op

    That's GREAT NEWS!!! Glad your doctor finally didn't hurt you and you had a good visit with him. By the next time you'll see him you'll be a swimming, biking superstar! You live in Groton, Correct? I will be going back to my pool at the Westford Regency as soon as I am able. actually in...
  10. muddy paws

    TKR RTKR 17 September 2013 possum_here Recovery Journey

    Hi Donna, I just caught up with your thread and I am VERY ANGRY for you!! I can't believe the lousy professionals at the hospital treated you that way and I am appalled that your Husband did the same thing when You got home. :sigh: You certainly are dealing with an awful lot with your...
  11. muddy paws

    Extreme pain 5 month post op

    Hey Laura, Did you end up making an appt with any of those Dr's I gave you? Dr Fitz is in Brookline on Rt 9. I hope you don't have to go for a MUA. Honestly your not that far out and I bet with the pain meds you'll be able to work it even more without being in pain, hence gaining more ROM...
  12. muddy paws

    MUA Getting Back in the Saddle

    Hi Allison, First I want to say your horses are gorgeous and CLEAN! How is that possible? :) Mine are still out in the fields being horses and they are filthy!! Second thing I want to say is I just want to give you a HUGE hug. I had tears in my eyes when I read that your sadist PT person...
  13. muddy paws

    TKR Speedy2 Knee's First Birthday!

    Hi Speedy 2, The real name of Advil is ibuprofen. Not sure if they have that in the UK but if you can find it that stuffs works. I just put on my Blue jeans today because I was tired of looking like a slob, well I might go back to the slobby look because the jeans are rubbing my scar. UGH...
  14. muddy paws

    TKR Muddy Paws makes it thru!

    HorseyLady. Hey Allison, how are you doing? Hope the answer is fantastic!!! I'm actually doing quite well. I walked down to the barn yesterday, lugged out a bale of hay and fed the horses. I can't even explain how wonderful that actually felt. I wasn't going to do it but when I went down...
Back
Top Bottom