Guest viewing is limited

TKR Muddy Paws makes it thru!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HorseyLady, Hi Allison,
How are you doing today? I hope the swimming helped you and didn't hurt you. I bet it felt wonderful to be able to get in even if its just to stretch and walk about. It really did feel wonderful to lay my hands on my beloved ponies! They in turn were very happy to see me and they showed it by nickering at me. It does my heart good just to smell them. Heaven!

new knee in June. So Diana, does this mean we can't be Buds now? :) I wish I liked the sox and I do kinda like them but they play in the summer! To hot for me. I'm not a huge fan of Tom or his wife and I really could be considered a fair weather fan even for the Pats.
Now I have a question for you? When you camp is it in a tent or a camper? I love to camp and am hoping to go next year now that I have "Eunice" as for shoveling in the snow,barefoot, nope, that's definitely not for me, although I do shovel in a T Shirt. My husband is always yelling at me to put a hat on and put a coat on. I get to hot! I hope you kept cool in today's yucky heat. One more day!

@myway, Hi Wanda, I promise I won't help putting up the required 20 tons of hay but I do love that kind of physical work when I'm up for it.
I can't believe you went shopping! That would have killed me maybe because that's not my cup of tea. Now the walk is definitely something I am missing. How far did you go? I am thinking it was a culmination of the two that did you in since Your not that far out either. Funny how the knee tricks you into thinking all will be well :whistle:
Yes, the boredom is going to drive me to drink! :martini: Oh Wait. I can't even do that since I'm on so many meds still. I'm reduced to watching Divorce Court and Dr Phil. UGH!! Hope you don't get the nasty heat Diana and I just got. It was Oppressive
 
Good morning Jen,
I hope today has you feeling well :) do you know if you will do o.p.therapy yet ? Did you see the Red Sox game
Last night ? Grand slam in the 9th to win the game :yahoo: you heard it here first.....world series...all the way :yes!:
I camp the old fashioned way...tent, sleeping bag, hot dogs on a stick. Sometimes I camp in a hotel room
With a.c & whirlpool tub :rotfl:
One more day of this un- godly heat & mugginess. I have my cook book out, ready to cook up a storm.
I don't cook in the heat....alas, maybe by the weekend :beg:
The pumpkins & mums look so out of place in the heat :yikes:
Have a wonderful day,
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....sitting in the a.c......
 
Hi muddy paws - hope that you are doing fine today

I know what you mean about the trash TV - I found myself watching a Diagnosis Murder marathon recently :heehee: - I have even been watching Swedish TV - note to self - order more DVDs!!
 
muddy paws I also think you made the right decision about the grandkids staying with you. I am still pre-op, but have a lot of pain and immobility. I love my grandsons with all my heart, but they can be a bit much when they all come over. As you say, the germ-factory thing, as well as the constant questions and so on get to be a too much even now, so I can't imagine how it will be post surgery, tho I do hope to be feeling a bit better then than now. One thing I made myself learn early on is that this whole hip thing is about ME and I have to do what is best for ME now -- that is completely out of character for me, but I just have to do it that way if I intend to retain my sanity and regain my health. My surgeon made it very clear that they will not operate on you if you come down with a cold, flu, or etc. If I had to postpone this surgery, I don't know what I'd do. I'm so bored right now I coulld SCREAM
 
new knee in June
Hi Diana, I'm so happy you actually camp out in the normal way ... In a tent! Not in your home away from home complete with Cable and a microwave. I love to set up a tent, cook on a camp stove or camp fire and sleep in a sleeping bag. Although the last time we went and it rained, I will say the idea of camping in a hotel room did appeal to me! :happydance: Hope you have your cookbook out today because its a fantastic day to whip something up. Did ya see the Pats game the other night? :cheers:

puffin. Hi Puffin! How are you doing today? I do believe I have actually watched diagnose murder a time or two. I'm now onto watching old westerns like Bonanza and Big Valley ,along with anything Burt Lancaster is in :heehee: I have just about had it although I have been getting on by stationary bike for a whopping 5 mins everyday and I did brush the dog today. Ah what a busy day! :bicycle1:

Butterfly. Hi Butterfly, your right about not getting sick or even getting a scratch because the doctors won't operate if that's the case. I certainly can understand your frustration. When is your surgery? I was like you and had limited mobility for quite sometime before my surgery and now I am limited after surgery but hopefully I'm on the upside now ,as you will be. It does take time to heal and I keep thinking I should be much farther along even tho it's only been a little over two weeks! Ugh!!
I really would have loved to have the grandkids here to stay but honestly I seem to sleep a ton after this surgery so having them would be chaos!! A happy chaos but chaos none the less :hairpulling: They are going to stop by for a visit in a week or so and I hope they aren't bringing their little kid cooties along with them. :rotfl: Don't want to get Enunice ( my new knee) sick.
All of my friends a told me to get lots of books, games , Netflix and to just hang out and watch movies, read, play games to help with the boredom of being inside. I will say I use my IPad the most and for the first two week I was ok mainly because I was on tons of potent pain meds but now that I am slowly weaning off of those, I am finding it that much harder to stay the course! I will say I am very happy to have found this wonderful website with all of these wonderful people. It sure does help! We'll both get thru this! :puppysmooze:

I hope all my Bonesmart friends are doing quite well and are feeling no pain today.
 
Hi muddy,
How are you doing ? Good I hope :) our Boston Red Sox are # 1 :yahoo: :yahoo:
I hope all is well with you,
Diana..."June sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
Well, today my wonderful new knee is giving me grief. It's to be expected since I am sure the lidocaine they injected into my knee is wearing off. Lots of pain meds, ice and elevation for me.

I did get to see the in home nurse and in home PT person today and I think the PT person is going to be one of those no pain, no gain type of people! She did say "if I don't make you cry ,then I'm not doing my job," Ok, that just isn't going to happen Sweetheart! :no-fin: My OS even told me it might be uncomfortable but it shouldn't hurt. I have to remember this knee is only 72 hours old and it needs to learn to love it's new home. I'm hoping it doesn't take to long! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT !

Ditzy Dinah, Donna, Trish, I can't wait for you all to be over on this side of it all. Then all the worry will be behind you and we can all get on with the healing. Again I just want to say thank you to you all for being such a great support group :dancy:

Take care and cheers. Jen



RTKR. 8/262013
 
HorseyLady. Hey Allison, how are you doing? Hope the answer is fantastic!!!

I'm actually doing quite well. I walked down to the barn yesterday, lugged out a bale of hay and fed the horses. I can't even explain how wonderful that actually felt. I wasn't going to do it but when I went down the horses told me they were in fact starving, which is a total lie since they are quite pudgy at this point. I hope you have been getting down to see your ponies as much as you would like. Have you been getting back on? I almost got on the other day but I told myself " no,no, NO!" Trying to remember not to to stupid things although I did get the lawn mowed.

new knee in June. Dianna, I'll give you a WHOOP, WHOOP for the Bo Sox!!! :happydance: :spin: I think that's pretty awesome to come from last to first. Gotta love Boston sports teams!
Hope you are doing super and are not in any pain! GO RED SOX!
 
Hi All,
It's been 11 weeks since I had my TKR and I'm doing ok. I still have some pain in the knee and still might limp when I stress it ,but all in all it does seem to be getting better every week. I'm doing all the normal things such as driving, grocery shopping, went back to work at 8 weeks, rode my horse at 7 weeks ( felt FANTASTIC) and taking care of my horses three times a week. If I stand for any length of time I do get sore but I am managing most of the pain with a couple of Aleve, although I will take a half a Vicodin at night if I'm really sore.

I do sit down to rest and ice several time throughout the day. I have tweaked it sometimes and when I do I force myself to rest, elevate and ice for a day or so. Otherwise this new Conformis knee seems to be doing its job. Unfortunately my horse care person is finished at the end of this month so I will then need to do all the work for the six horses. That will make my knee unhappy, I'm sure. :hissy:

I hope everybody else that had a TKR is up and around as well!
 
@muddy paws
How are you doing? I'm not on here a lot, but it's been a few months since your last update. It's look like you are just past the half year mark.
 
Im doing Ok 5 months down. No pain, but still not able to run a marathon :). sometimes I see my scar and think Id like my pretty knee back, but Im hoping one day to be able to walk a couple of miles again. I became a grandmother this week, so when people ask arent you too young for a TKR, I can now say , No Im a grandmother!
Well done to you all! This forum certainly kept me on track. I hope everyone having a TKR finds it.

hugs all round.
D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom