Recent content by MrDIY

  1. MrDIY

    THR Look mom - no more duck tape!

    Haha your thread title made me laugh. Take it easy, days 2-5 we’re the hardest for me. It gets better!
  2. MrDIY

    THR Heal first, then exercise, then dance!

    Good news on the recovery front! Great that you can dance like that. I’m still wary of twisting. Not so much that I am unable to rotate my hip, I guess it’s still a little foreign and a combination of tight and weak that makes me slow and cautious. So dancing would be a big step. I get that...
  3. MrDIY

    THR Bilateral changed to Single

    Not much interpreting needed there @Lea61. I’m so sorry to hear of this. The good news is, you now know why things were going slow and have a path forward, and soon, to correct it. It’s amazing that you were dealing with this for weeks as well as you were!
  4. MrDIY

    Bilateral THR I’m far 2 Hip for these lousy joints

    When I first found this site, I searched for recovery stories of members that matched my phenotype. I found very little. Of those I did find, their post history was very short and tapered and not very informative. I for one would very much like to see protocols of rehabilitation that people have...
  5. MrDIY

    THR DonnieP's Hip Recovery

    Wow @cheermom!, thank you for sharing your positive experience. Glad to see you are doing so well.
  6. MrDIY

    Bilateral THR I’m far 2 Hip for these lousy joints

    Ok fine I will stop logging my recovery.
  7. MrDIY

    Bilateral THR I’m far 2 Hip for these lousy joints

    11/4/18 Day 24 Not going to log stairs anymore. I don’t really have any issues with stairs. Can go up and down without using rail. Walk 1000’ x 1 Walk 4000’ x 1 Song of day: Voices Carry, Til Tuesday :-) Squat 16.5” box WUp:3x5xBW @18.75”, 3x5xBW @17.5”, 2x5xBW@16.5”, 3x50 Work: 3 X 5...
  8. MrDIY

    Bilateral THR I’m far 2 Hip for these lousy joints

    11/3/18 Day 23 Stairs x 2 Walk 2000’ x 1 Went to son’s School competition. Walk to from parking, stairs up bleachers etc
  9. MrDIY

    Bilateral THR I’m far 2 Hip for these lousy joints

    Good morning @Barbaraj, yes I will be working out today. Yesterday had more walking than I planned so I didn’t get any cycling in. I’m sitting enjoying my coffee as well. We get snow here in the winter months, though if it’s a particularly warm winter we may get an occasional rain. Have fun with...
  10. MrDIY

    THR It’s done!

    When I realized that my left leg didn’t really need any assistance I switched from crutches to cane. Same principle, the crutch is just going to give a little more support if you feel unsteady with the cane.
  11. MrDIY

    Bilateral THR I’m far 2 Hip for these lousy joints

    @Barbaraj today will be a light day with some stationary bike and a few 5 minute walks. We don’t get much in the way of rain in the high desert so it’s been sunny and still warm enough to walk with a t-shirt in the afternoon. We do get some nasty wind though. I wouldn’t want to walk in the rain...
  12. MrDIY

    THR Are We There Yet?

    I would only say delay as long as you can if your other hip was not causing issues or at least very minimal issues. In other words, If your left never got any worse would your quality of life be satisfactory? Personally my right hip was far worse of the two but my left still caused pain and...
  13. MrDIY

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    I’ll chalk it up to my Neanderthal male brain but that sentence made me do a double take! :rotfl: Your car is only 14 years old and has a carburetor? Glad your blood pressure issues seem to be better. I’ll be returning to work soon too. Have a good weekend @SurreyGirl
  14. MrDIY

    THR Are We There Yet?

    Happy Saturday @Barbaraj . This muffins sound delicious. I have been eating like a fiend during my recovery and would have easily eaten 4 or more! I would offer my suggestion for when you should get your second surgery, however I think you could quite easily guess my thoughts on the matter! Hope...
Back
Top Bottom