Recent content by MotownGirl66

  1. MotownGirl66

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    That is so awesome! Who knew a pedicure could be so therapeutic! Good luck today at work! Try not to overdo it!
  2. MotownGirl66

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    6 Weeks Post LTKR: The last few days have been bad. I've been experiencing some stomach issues so I decided not to take any painkillers when I went to bed last night because my stomach was so upset. BAD IDEA! Tossed & turned all night, finally gave in at 6:30am and took a painkiller. I...
  3. MotownGirl66

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    Okay, I tried two different sized pictures and I even cropped one and made it smaller but I still cannot upload it - will try again later.
  4. MotownGirl66

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    Post Op Week 5 -LTKR: I had PT on Friday and all went well - they kick my much-needed butt in a good way with lots of progress. I felt well enough to take a shower, dress up, and go out with my husband to see friends later that evening. I lasted about 2 hours before I started to fidget and get...
  5. MotownGirl66

    TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

    @kaw205 I was wondering how many weeks you are and how things are going? Hope you are doing well.
  6. MotownGirl66

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    @kaw205 PT is going very well. I'm already doing wall squats and leg lifts w/ an ankle weight. He's got me doing exercises to strengthen my hip muscles, too. @TexasTee LOL! My "naps" last 2-4 hours! I've never slept so much in my entire life. But I am healing from two back-to-back...
  7. MotownGirl66

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    @BananasKnees Hi there! Thanks for inquiring! Went to chiropractor twice last week. The visits also include an hour massage so it felt great. The sciatica pain has diminished quite a bit actually. Had to go out of town last weekend. It was a 4 hour drive each way. Thought I'd be...
  8. MotownGirl66

    TKR Jane B.'s New Knee

    @Jane B. Man, that does sound like a lot on your plate. Will your daughter-in-law's mom be staying with you while her daughter is in Hawaii or will she travel home? Why do you need an MRI re: your bad knee? I thought x-rays were the way to go for us. I hope things turn around for you...
  9. MotownGirl66

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    Post Op Day 21 - 3 weeks since LTKR I am doing okay considering the issues I am still experiencing with my sciatica. I think it's because I am spending a lot of time laying down. Maybe I am aggravating it somehow. No real news here - I supposed I am experiencing the same as everyone else...
  10. MotownGirl66

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Just caught up with your thread! Congratulations! So proud of you!
  11. MotownGirl66

    TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

    @Awriterafoot I need to strengthen my quads, too. I have a bike but I want a new, lighter-weight, one. You're lucky you're a good swimmer. I am not but I suppose I could get to a gym w/ a pool and use a kick board and that would work. I don't want to join a gym here because we're going to...
  12. MotownGirl66

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    We are surgery buddies! I, too, find the middle of the nights the most troubling as well as the early evening hours. It just aches, burns, and throbs. My scar is still scabby.
  13. MotownGirl66

    TKR Jane B.'s New Knee

    @Jane B. This recovery has been a lot easier. Less swelling, less pain. Considerably more range of motion immediately from the get-go. I won't hardly have to do much physical therapy because the ROM is so good but will require strength training for my quads. Thank you for asking! How are...
  14. MotownGirl66

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    @kaw205 Crazy dream! I've reached out to a few friends about making the trip w/ me. They're still deciding. Here's my 2.5 week old knee being iced but look at me crossing my ankles!
  15. MotownGirl66

    TKR Jane B.'s New Knee

    Here I am icing but I'm able to cross my legs at my ankles. Excuse the dog hair caught on the Velcro. Lol!
Back
Top Bottom