Recent content by Morgan Le Fay

  1. Morgan Le Fay

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Hi Deni !!! I just updated myself on your recovery. Amazing!! Am so happy that you are doing great. I know the feeling of taking a break to free the mind from reminders. But we always come back to check in on our little family here and try to encourage the newbies. We are living proof of how...
  2. Morgan Le Fay

    THR Concerned about my progress

    Hi Liz I had my surgery just after my 49th birthday so was considered young also. I expected a quick recovery but it took a full year. It's been a year and 4 months now and I feel great. A bout of bursitis bothered me at the 12 month mark but after doing stretches that my surgeon suggested, I...
  3. Morgan Le Fay

    THR I'm a chicken and not proud

    Hi there I can totally relate to this. Prior to my surgery back in Nov 2024 I was given a 30 page document from my surgeon. One page was all about the risks, which included the possibility of infection and having the implant removed. I was so scared and anxious, just like you. But here...
  4. Morgan Le Fay

    THR Morgan Le Fay's Recovery

    Hi everyone I hope you are all well. Before I jump in to check on how everyone is doing, I just want to provide an update on me. It's been 1 year and 4 months now since surgery and I don't think about my hip most days now. I may get an ache if I ride my bike excessively but it generally...
  5. Morgan Le Fay

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    When I faced my hip replacement surgery, this quote became more than words on a page—it became a lifeline. Each day brought its own challenges: the uncertainty before the operation, the slow steps of recovery, the moments when pain seemed louder than progress. But holding onto this reminder...
  6. Morgan Le Fay

    THR Feeling Discouraged

    Please do not be discouraged as just over 4 weeks is very new. Recovery for this surgery is a slow, gradual process. I remember having good days and bad days. I noticed that when I increased my activity that the pain would set in further so it was a bit of a merry go round. Icing is...
  7. Morgan Le Fay

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    @msart So happy for you !!! Enjoy life, it's too short. We have been through the ringer with our hips. To see a report like this makes me smile. Ash AKA Morgan :wave:
  8. Morgan Le Fay

    THR Sciatica type symptoms brought on after walking 15-30 mins.

    @Spr1 Hi there :wave: I had an anterior THR in Nov 2024 (a year ago) and up until only very recently, had the type of pain that you describe. I saw my surgeon last week for my one year review and he explained that it is trochanter bursitis due to my iliotibial band (IT band) rubbing over the...
  9. Morgan Le Fay

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    @Deni444 Dennniiiiiii Oh my gosh I am smiling !!! I am SO happy for you. I just read through your posts and I nearly cried seeing how well you are doing because I remember the days before your surgery and how you were feeling. What an inspiration you are. Enjoy life my friend, you have...
  10. Morgan Le Fay

    THR THR tell me about your recovery

    I am 51 and had my THR a year ago and I did have issues with soft tissue recovery. To this day I am still numb on the outside of my operated side thigh.
  11. Morgan Le Fay

    THR Morgan Le Fay's Recovery

    Hello friends !! It's been one year now since my right THR so I wanted to give an update on how I am travelling. I saw my surgeon on Monday (I had an XRAY done prior) and he was very happy with my hip, he said it is perfect and to just live life. I told him that I have been getting some pain...
  12. Morgan Le Fay

    THR Second THR recovery

    @BBCH am happy to hear that all went well overall .... welcome to the other side :loll:
  13. Morgan Le Fay

    THR Morgan Le Fay's Recovery

    @mendogal thank you so much !! It's wonderful people like yourself that have inspired me to change career. I want to do something that matters. I am 50 but still young, active (now after my new hip) and ready to give back.
  14. Morgan Le Fay

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Deni, you have truly made my day with your news. I am so so very thrilled for you. A person like you deserves all the best and I see a very bright future for you. Hope you are having a good day/ evening. It's 9.23 AM here in Melbourne, Australia and I'm off to Aldi soon with the husband to...
  15. Morgan Le Fay

    THR Morgan Le Fay's Recovery

    Thank you everyone !!! What a wonderful bunch you are, you have made my day with your kind words.
Back
Top Bottom