Morgan Le Fay
member
- Joined
- Oct 17, 2024
- Messages
- 201
- Age
- 51
- Gender
- Female
- Country
Australia
Hi Liz
I had my surgery just after my 49th birthday so was considered young also. I expected a quick recovery but it took a full year. It's been a year and 4 months now and I feel great. A bout of bursitis bothered me at the 12 month mark but after doing stretches that my surgeon suggested, I got through it.
Take each day as it comes. Some days you'll feel good, some days not so good and some days absolutely miserable and wondering when it will end.
But hang in there. It's a huge surgery that comes with a huge recovery but one that's worth it.
Morgan
I had my surgery just after my 49th birthday so was considered young also. I expected a quick recovery but it took a full year. It's been a year and 4 months now and I feel great. A bout of bursitis bothered me at the 12 month mark but after doing stretches that my surgeon suggested, I got through it.
Take each day as it comes. Some days you'll feel good, some days not so good and some days absolutely miserable and wondering when it will end.
But hang in there. It's a huge surgery that comes with a huge recovery but one that's worth it.
Morgan