Recent content by Mister

  1. Mister

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    @sooz58 your so right about work. I usually just ice in the morning but elevate on a stool. I made the mistake yesterday of just taking aleve in the morning and not taking anything in the afternoon, that was part of the reason I had pain by the time I got home. And totally stiff if I don't...
  2. Mister

    MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

    @kimw - your still improving and doing great. I know it's frustrating, but you got this! I've been through a lot too, but the end result is awesome. I still have a ways to go, but both mine continue to improve. Don't let your dr push you into an mua, it should totally be your decision...
  3. Mister

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    @becticu - I'm so glad you're happy with your mua. I know it was a hard decision for you, but you did what was best for you. I hope you can get more sleep, it makes all the difference. I'm not sleeping well because of my scar being sensitive. I know how bad the heat is, in Texas it's been 95...
  4. Mister

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    @sandi4213 - congratulations on your new knee! I'm sure pt will end before you know it. Although, it was bitter sweet to leave pt, I can say it's a relief to have it over with! :dancy: @gertie, I'm glad I could be an encourager to you. Everyone has been so encouraging to me, I'm glad I could...
  5. Mister

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    Well, went to pt today and we decided it was time to go out on my own. I was surprised how emotional I got. I guess it's because I've had to have pt since February and they're almost like family now. But also I think part of it is that I've had such a hard time with first knee and feel that...
  6. Mister

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    @sistersinhim - I will now be a lot more aware of the people in the carts. And you're right, it does make it a lot tougher driving because people don't notice you. @Pheebs52 - yes, it was so worth it, to be out in the sunshine doing something you enjoy doing is great. Except for the cart...
  7. Mister

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    @becticu - I am so happy for your great success. I remember the first time I went to pt after mine, I cried when I saw how much more bend I had and could not quit smiling. I'm so glad you have a great pt, that makes all the difference. You are doing so great! I only had 105 when they...
  8. Mister

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    @becticu - they called them scooters, but it's a motorized chair. They have indoor and outdoor, outside is junk, inside women's stuff. I was so tired after being in the sun outside I didn't want to go to the inside booths. Plus, it's more crowded in there and I'm sure I would really have...
  9. Mister

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    We went to a large flea market on Saturday two hours from our house. I rented a scooter, I have never been on one before so I was not a good driver to say the least. My poor husband was getting so frustrated with me and my driving, it didn't help that the speed control wasn't working right, it...
  10. Mister

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    @becticu - I'm sorry I'm just now getting caught up on your thread. For me, it did not completely set me back to the beginning, but It definitely did set me back some though. For me it was painful, but for others they're just sore. That may depend on how far it sets you back. Good luck on...
  11. Mister

    TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

    That's really amazing! A picture would be great. Then we can all visualize each other with needles in our knees, what a sight that would be!:heehee:
  12. Mister

    TKR liam2015: 1 Year Anniversary, Life Goes On!

    @liam2015 - wow that's pretty cool she does acupuncture. You'll have to tell us if it helps you. I've often wondered about it during this journey.
  13. Mister

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    @nensi I'm doing some chores and helping out with some meals but I don't do much with the meals, thank goodness my husband does the cooking. I do the cleaning and I like it so much better than cooking, so I've been doing that. So far it hasn't been too hard on my knees. @Pheebs52 - thanks so...
  14. Mister

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    It IS such a huge relief that it's gone so well this time around! Not that there isn't any downs this time, of course there is, but now I know how blessed I am to be having such a great recovery. It's been such a tough 7mo for me and it just feels good to finally be on the road to recovery...
  15. Mister

    TKR Mister's 2nd knee

    Went to OS today and he took X-rays of both knees and they look great. Said like we all thought, that first knee is having to work harder and doesn't like it. He's happy with my progress and so am I. I asked about pt and said that he would leave it up to pt when he thought I was ready to be...
Back
Top Bottom