Guest viewing is limited

MUA Low ROM (Knee Bend)

Be sure and read the recovery articles. They work! Less exercise is more ROM. But, it takes time. Time for that swelling to go down. Even if you don't see a lot or the outside, the inside is swelling. And that's a really small place. So, that inside swelling will keep the ROM down, too. Patience is the key, along with BS guidelines followed closely.
 
Still working at it. Last PT visit got to 80. Don't maintain at home but it is an increase. If I can keep gaining, I will be happy. It is just so slow.

I see the OS so he can recertify my physical therapy and the CPM machine (think it helps tremendously--wish I had had after initial surgery) for insurance purposes.

Thanks for all the encouragement.
 
I'm just hitting 80 degrees myself at home. Good luck with your continued improvement!
 
@kimw - your still improving and doing great. I know it's frustrating, but you got this! I've been through a lot too, but the end result is awesome. I still have a ways to go, but both mine continue to improve.
Don't let your dr push you into an mua, it should totally be your decision whether to have one or not. I had one done but it was the right decision for me. Continue to keep us updated.
 
Thanks for asking. Not much has changed for me. Still minimal bend, ~70, probably. Finishing a course of antibiotics for cellulitis next to my TKR. Most of my swelling (same as before cellulitis) has gone down except for the area just above my knee. It is still 5-6 cm larger than other knee even after elevation. Increases if I am on it much. Get very discouraged at times. Changed PTs. The previous one told me I wasn't doing enough and that he didn't believe me when I said I was exercising at home. I don't like being called a liar. Anyway, trying a different route. Going to a Feldenkrais trained PT. Totally different philosophy--don't force anything in the mantra. More holistic approach--can't just treat one part of your body. He won me over the first visit. My hip has been hurting because of the way I have been walking. He worked with me on a more normal gait. Has helped tremendously. Not much I can do but keep plugging away and hope for the best.
 
Recovery is so much harder and more frustrating when progress happens slowly. Thank goodness you've found a PT you trust and respect and with whom you will work well. I had to look up Feldenkrais and think it has an interesting philosophy. Any gentle approach to getting your knee to move is going to be beneficial. The work on gait, especially, will do wonders. I hope it soon helps your hip as well as your knee.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are still very early in your recovery so you have lots of time to improve!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom