Guest viewing is limited

TKR Mister's 2nd knee

@sistersinhim - I will now be a lot more aware of the people in the carts. And you're right, it does make it a lot tougher driving because people don't notice you.

@Pheebs52 - yes, it was so worth it, to be out in the sunshine doing something you enjoy doing is great. Except for the cart driving of course :heehee:
 
Well, went to pt today and we decided it was time to go out on my own. I was surprised how emotional I got. I guess it's because I've had to have pt since February and they're almost like family now. But also I think part of it is that I've had such a hard time with first knee and feel that I'm finally recovering and maybe there is an end in sight.
And now sitting here with new knee so sensitive I can't sleep. I know it will eventually go away. Sometimes it feels never ending.
 
Mister, it's good that you are doing well enough to be released from pt, even if it was hard to say goodbye. This is my 3rd day post op for my 2nd knee and I start back at therapy on Tuesday. I am looking forward to the day I get released again. You're right about recovery sometimes feeling never ending, but just look how far you've come.
 
I have nothing but deep respect for those of us who get their knees done one at a time but months apart. It has to feel like a Neverending Recovery. Having only gone through one recovery, I KNOW I wouldn't want to do another. To do them back to back... that's pure perseverance!
 
You all are so brave having the 2nd knee done during the same year (that was my original plan, but due to discomfort from first TKR and too many chores for hubby during the summer, I chose to wait until winter again). However, now you are on the road to recovery with both knees and that is such a good feeling, isn't it! It will get better each and every month. (each and every day right now for Sandi).
 
Congrats on being released from PT @Mister! I know what u mean about mixed feelings as I look forward to it also. Here's to better sleep and making your way to the end of that very long tunnel :cheers:
 
@sandi4213 - congratulations on your new knee! I'm sure pt will end before you know it. Although, it was bitter sweet to leave pt, I can say it's a relief to have it over with! :dancy:
@gertie, I'm glad I could be an encourager to you. Everyone has been so encouraging to me, I'm glad I could do the same :friends:
There are many reasons I decided to do both within a short period of time. I have already met my deductible and out of pocket. My mua and second knee didn't cost me a thing, that's a great motivator. I also have a lot going on in the fall and winter and my grandson is turning a yr and I want to be able to play with him, time goes so fast with the little ones.
It has not been easy, but will be worth it in the end. I have been working part time for two weeks and have started full time this week. My first full day today was tough by the end of the day. But, I know it will get better. Got home, iced and took pain meds and felt so much better.
Still having sensitivity in both knees on the scars, therefore having a hard time sleeping, but I know that will also get better. We went out of town this weekend and I did a lot of walking and my knees were wonderful, so I know they just need some tlc from time to time.
Sorry for the long post, hopefully I can get to sleep soon :sleeep:
 
I thought it was bittersweet to also leave pt, my pt people were great, nothing forced. Back to work was pretty rough my first full day. Am able to elevate and ice while I am working though. Worst part is if I get busy, don't elevate and I realize I've sat on my behind for an hour, I get up and feel like rigor mortis has settled in!
 
@sooz58 your so right about work. I usually just ice in the morning but elevate on a stool. I made the mistake yesterday of just taking aleve in the morning and not taking anything in the afternoon, that was part of the reason I had pain by the time I got home. And totally stiff if I don't move often enough, which is quite a lot because I get caught up in work and forget to get up. :gaah:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom