Recent content by Megan

  1. Megan

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Hi everyone- I am having a left total knee replacement on Jan 30th. I had my right knee replaced in 2015 and this site was so informative and supportive. No complications with the right knee and I am praying for a smooth left knee replacement
  2. Megan

    TKR Megan post surgery progress 11/16/15

    Thank you so much for responding to my post. I am going to slow down and listen to my knee. I need to have my left knee done but there is no way I am doing it until I can walk without pain or a limp. :thankyou: Megan
  3. Megan

    TKR Megan post surgery progress 11/16/15

    It has been awhile since I have had time to post. I had my TKR on the right side in November 2015. Recovery went as expected in the early months. I learned so much on this forum. I have been back to work since January. Initially I was doing fine, but now I find my knee stiffening up and it is...
  4. Megan

    TKR Smarttoys recovery

    Sounds like you had a great week. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. Megan

    TKR Megan post surgery progress 11/16/15

    Well I just finished my 1st week back at work - 3 days in the office and 2 days teleworking from home. I am exhausted and wish I had the option to stay out longer. My endurance is so poor that I am tired just walking from the car to the office. I am using a cane now. I see why everyone...
  6. Megan

    TKR Smarttoys recovery

    Great news on your progress. I have had to do some unexpected jobs also and I definitely notice increased tightness and swelling the next day. Life continues on and we do the best we can Megan Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. Megan

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    Peggy- you are in my thoughts and prayers. Although it has been a rough recovery for you, sharing it with others is very helpful. It sounds like an infection can occur at any point in the recovery process. I agree that protein is crucial for your body to fight the infection. Megan Sent from...
  8. Megan

    TKR Megan post surgery progress 11/16/15

    I returned to work today- I am 5 weeks post-op. Pain is manageable with Motrin, but I am still having swelling and a feeling of tightness around the knee. In addition to work, also had PT today. Did 10 slow minutes on the recumbent bike and some additional exercises. The best part was the...
  9. Megan

    TKR Recovering from knee #2<

    I am also 3 weeks out from my surgery. Sending you positive vibes. I know that it is frustrating, but it is still early in the recovery process. Hugs!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. Megan

    Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

    Sending healing thoughts your way. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. Megan

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    I am so glad you are going to get a MRI- hopefully you will get a definite diagnosis and a solution. Hang in there. Megan Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. Megan

    TKR Megan post surgery progress 11/16/15

    I had my 1st outpatient PT today. I was able to ride the exercise bike very slowly, but at least I could bend my knee. I stopped all narcotics during the day and started driving last Friday. I cannot believe how much I missed the freedom of being able to drive. I am icing and elevating in hopes...
  13. Megan

    TKR Nerdgrrl's knee recovery thread

    Excellent news!! Congrats!!! I drove for the 1st time last Friday. I know what you mean about the feeling of independence. I am also at the 3 week mark and I have the same trouble sitting without elevating. Between the car trip and the restaurant meal, I am sore and ready to elevate. You are...
  14. Megan

    TKR Megan post surgery progress 11/16/15

    Pedicure was pre- surgery :loveshwr: I called 5 different PT facilities trying to find one that takes my insurance ( and I have really good insurance). It should not be this stressful to find PT. I finally found a place about 4 miles from my house that said they could take me. :yahoo:Yeah...
  15. Megan

    TKR Megan post surgery progress 11/16/15

    Staples came out yesterday - I am finding it easier to do the exercises now that it does not feel like the staples are pulling my skin. I am going to start outpatient rehab as soon as I can find someone who takes my insurance. I am mostly using Motrin during the day, but need the Percocet at...
Back
Top Bottom