They are so protective..and my grandson can lay all over him. If there is a stranger at the door he lets you know...think he has it in for the FedEx guys. They drop the packages by the door and rush off. I like to keep my front door open this time of year (I'm in Phoenix) and he loves to lay down right by the security door.
Hello! Has anyone had a problem with an inflamed prepatellar bursa? I am having issues with mine. I have pictures above showing the bump/lump on my knee. Last evening the top skin split ad there is leakage and it looks awful and is painful. I am going to the OS in the morning, but just wondering if this had occurred with anyone?
Looks like surgery #3. Went to the OS this morning and he sent me right upstairs for all the pre-op stuff. I hate that they are going into the same incision..don't think it is ever going to heal. Although this is minor compared to the other two I am stressing....very frustrated
Hopefully, this surgery will fix the problem - and it should be a less serious operation, too.
Do let us know when you'll be having it done and how you're getting on.
Hi all!
Thank you for all the good wishes and thoughts. I did have the surgery and ended up being admitted. Unfortunately the results were not good...there was infection in the joint:( Now I get to stay in the hospital for 2 more days for IV antibiotics. There will be another suugery to remove all the "plastics", more antibiotics (30 days I think) then I get another "new knee". The last 6 months have really been an adventure but I am thankful it can be fixed
I'm very sorry to hear that they found infection in the joint, but I'm glad they are treating it now. We've had several people who have gone through this. @KarriB is here frequently.
I'll tag @Josephine for you, too, so that she knows what's going on.
How frustrating this must all be for you. But your OS was on the infection fast and started treatment. Your attitude is good and that goes a long way in the healing process. Just one of those pesky risks of the surgery, but treatable. Soldier on!
@PegGar16 Did your OS do an antibiotic wash and replacer the spacer or was the knee removed and spacer put in?
About a month after my TKR I developed a high fever (thought it was the flu) and the next day seeping through a healed incision. It was like a small stream flowing down my leg. That day I had an antibiotic washout with a spacer replaced, 8 weeks on IV and oral antibiotics and 6 weeks in an imbolizer. He did use the same scar and while it's not pretty, I try to think of it as a badge of honor. Amazingly (through much prayer) I was able to get back to work at week 12, able to bike about 4 miles a day by 6 months and by 9 months swimming 20 laps a day.
I had a infectious disease dr involved with my meds and still does blood labs twice a year.
It was a scary time, I won't lie, but I did have a good result in the end. I'm off to work but look forward to hearing how things are going this evening.
Peggy, I am sorry this has happened. It is encouraging your OS was so proactive and got right to it. You are in my thoughts and prayers for a quick resolution to the infection and peaceful healing.
I am so very sorry that this happened to you---but it sounds like the surgeon got it taken care of quickly---it was great that he got you in to be seen and into surgery as quickly as he did.
Hang in there, and please keep us updated as to how you are doing and what is going on.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.