Recent content by MCD

  1. MCD

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    I'm so sorry you've been having such a hard time with pain. I was given a script for 100 hydro morphone when I left the hospital and found them quite sufficient. Hopefully they work for you. I was reading your posts about the Celebrex. I've been waking up a lot with hip pain and realize I...
  2. MCD

    TKR Four weeks ago

    Well, the last of our reunion guests left this morning! It was a grand time, with 70 guests on Saturday. So nice to have so many of us in one place...even if it's my place! We have a charity raffle each year with various donated items and I made the quilt this time. We raised $710 for charity...
  3. MCD

    TKR Four weeks ago

    I have five brothers and five sisters and this year all brothers will be here but two sisters won't make it. Most everything will be outside and we got a 30 ft party tent this year from Amazon so that will give some extra shade. There is also a gazebo and the large workshop to congregate in...
  4. MCD

    TKR Four weeks ago

    I'm doing fine and my PT figures another one or two sessions and he rid of me. I'm not seeing him this week cause we're hosting our family reunion this Saturday and have about 70 people coming. Glad I saved some tramadol for emergencies, I'll need it! I still run out of energy and sit a lot but...
  5. MCD

    Facing bilateral TKR and I have specific concern about pain management

    I had my left knee replaced three months ago and can honestly say it wasn't that painful. I did take hydrocodone two or three times a day for the first month and now I occasionally use Tylenol. Make sure you have lots of ice paks available!
  6. MCD

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Congrats on another successful surgery. I assume you'll be home today to enjoy this lovely weather, relaxing, elevating and icing!
  7. MCD

    TKR Four weeks ago

    Saw my surgeon and all is ok! My ROM is now 108 after three weeks of proper physio so he is satisfied with my progress and figures I'll get to the 110 or more. Feeling very relieved and grateful for the care I've gotten and the super Physio department at the Smiths Falls Hospital.
  8. MCD

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Sounds like you have everything in order for your next journey! I'm seeing my surgeon this afternoon and hopefully will not need a MUA! Actually I am quite hopeful and and don't intend to agree to it in any case. I believe if I'm not quite there yet I will be soon.
  9. MCD

    TKR Four weeks ago

    Got my fingers crossed. After my PT appointment on Tuesday I will see my OS again so he can check my progress. I think he will be satisfied and I hope to be really limber after my workout.
  10. MCD

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    You are one brave lady. I'm putting off my hip surgeries as long as possible. Glad you are doing so well. I'm at about the same level you are now, even though I'm two months along. Wish I'd had the proper PT from the beginning cause I'm enjoying it , even though I'm sore for a day or two after...
  11. MCD

    TKR Four weeks ago

    Our internet has been down two weeks, fixed finally today. It's been awful not knowing what's going on in the world and have to actually look out a window to find out about the weather! I started physio last week at the hospital and what a difference! They did all kinds of measurements and said...
  12. MCD

    TKR May 28, 2014. Springsmom83

    I'm seven weeks out and am now at about 90 ROM or maybe a bit more. I'm not worried about it, it will come.
  13. MCD

    TKR Four weeks ago

    I've been working at increasing my ROM before I see the PT on Thursday and feel successful. It's at least 90, maybe more. I can go up the stairs properly at least and was able to accomplish a full rotation on my reclining bike. My leg and ankle swelling is better and am icing and elevating...
  14. MCD

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    The only thing worse would be the sarcasm of teenage girls. I've been the focus of both over the years.
  15. MCD

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    I was told to do the massage thing with a lanolin lotion as well. I'm using coconut butter from Body Shop. I don't know if it helps or not but I've gotten to feel more comfortable with my scar if that makes sense. I tended to avoid looking at it before but now do t feel it's so bad. I've been...
Back
Top Bottom