Guest viewing is limited

TKR Four weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great report, glad you are back on line! Sounds like your PT is a keeper.

my leg is now swollen so I have to slow down a bit.
This is when it is time to Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate.
 
A good PT makes all the difference in the world! I can't imagine that there are very many who are at 90 degrees when they leave the hospital. The p/t in the hospital never checked my ROM. We walked the halls and practiced a few stairs. I had pain behind my knee the second day. The p/t asked who told me to set the cpm machine at 75 degrees. I told her I did that on my own. She told me she was about to go chew someone out for pushing me to go that far so early. I have been very lucky to have gotten so many caring people in the hospital. Glad you have a good one now!!!
 
I wondered where you went @MCD! Happy to hear you are back on line. Congratulations on your mobility. Isn't it great to have a good physiotherapist? Once you have that rotation on the bike, you are ready for just about everything. Don't overdo it and remember to elevate and ice regularly, even if you don't think you need it.
 
Sounds like things are going well. Looking forward to further updates.
 
Got my fingers crossed. After my PT appointment on Tuesday I will see my OS again so he can check my progress. I think he will be satisfied and I hope to be really limber after my workout.
 
Saw my surgeon and all is ok! My ROM is now 108 after three weeks of proper physio so he is satisfied with my progress and figures I'll get to the 110 or more. Feeling very relieved and grateful for the care I've gotten and the super Physio department at the Smiths Falls Hospital.
 
That is a great update!!!

I think he will be satisfied and I hope to be really limber after my workout.
Do not worry about numbers---let theose PT folks do that---they have a tendency to be obsessed with numbers.

You just take your time, be gentle, and be patient---your ROM will continue to improve---you will get to the destination of being fully recovered, but those numbers do not mean anything to you---as long as you can enjoy the activities that mean so much to you, does ROM numbers matter?
 
@MCD, Congratulations on your appt. today! It is always a relief when the surgeon is happy!
 
Hi @MCD Happy to hear that your appointments were positive. Keep up the great work!
 
Hi @MCD! Just checking in to see how you are doing. Is your ROM continuing to improve?

Hope all is well with you.
 
I'm doing fine and my PT figures another one or two sessions and he rid of me. I'm not seeing him this week cause we're hosting our family reunion this Saturday and have about 70 people coming. Glad I saved some tramadol for emergencies, I'll need it! I still run out of energy and sit a lot but am able to do what I need to do. I've delegated more for this reunion and have not done any of the baking I usually do. Have made a large pot of chili, will make the macaroni today and the red pizzas that are served cold and will roast one of farm turkey's tomorrow. Others are bringing dishes as well. We've been doing this for over 25 years so all will be good.

How have you been doing? Recovery same as before or are you finding it different .
 
Hi @MCD, sounds like you are coming along well. Congratulations!

70 people coming to your place! Hope the weather is nice and you can hold some activities outside. Nice that you have been doing the reunion for 25 years. Do you always host it? How many siblings do you have? I hope you have a great time. You will definitely want to get some rest before and after. I'll look forward to hearing all about it.

I am doing okay. My ROM is better this go around but the pain is a lot worse. I asked my OS about it and he chalked it up to overdoing it because I can move around more. I am managing though. My first TKR does not allow me to go downstairs easily so I am parked in the family room on the couch for sleeping. Our main level has a bathroom with a shower so I am able to stay down here indefinitely but I miss sleeping with my hubby. And our bed is much more comfortable than the couch. Time will come and then we will have a lifetime of sleeping together in our comfy bed! :)

Good luck with everything for the reunion!
 
I have five brothers and five sisters and this year all brothers will be here but two sisters won't make it. Most everything will be outside and we got a 30 ft party tent this year from Amazon so that will give some extra shade. There is also a gazebo and the large workshop to congregate in. I've made a quilt and wallhanging for our raffle table and others bring items as well. We usually raise $500 to $600 for different charities. I may have overdone it a bit yesterday cause my ankle swelled but it seems better today so I'll take it easier.
I was fortunate in that once I got upstairs to our bedroom I could stay there. It's a combination sitting room, bedroom and we have a bar fridge(ice paks) and microwave there as well. When I couldn't lay down anymore I could use the lazy boy. Food was brought to me! Hope you get your pain under control and full speed ahead with your recovery.
 
Sounds like you had a great setup for recovery!
Have a fantastic reunion but don't overdo. I look forward to hearing all about it!
Enjoy your day!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well, the last of our reunion guests left this morning! It was a grand time, with 70 guests on Saturday. So nice to have so many of us in one place...even if it's my place! We have a charity raffle each year with various donated items and I made the quilt this time. We raised $710 for charity. $200 for Dresses for Africa and the rest is for Canadian Aid for Chernobyl. For many years we hosted a Belarusian lad, Viktor, for a summer respite from the radiation. He is now 33. This year I was so proud that my niece is hosting a nine year old girl, Dasha.
Fortunately I had lots of help and one of my brothers and his family stayed over and did the outside clean up on Sunday while my husband and I took our son and granddaughter to the train station. I was up on my feet more than I should be and my leg swelled accordingly but went down overnight. All in all, good to have it done with for the summer!
 
That sounds like so much fun! Glad the swelling went down overnight and didn't keep you down. Love the charity raffle idea.
 
Wow! Good for you for raising that much for charity. Was it through donations only or did you have some fundraising activities? It sounds like you had a good turnout and an enjoyable time. You are brave to have hosted at your place!

Happy to hear that you rested and the swelling has gone down. Good for you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom