Recent content by MaryJane

  1. MaryJane

    Revision THR Revision Hip 26th October

    Hi Mandy, I hope you are feeling better. I do remember feeling the same way when I had both of my hips replaced in June, 2011. I am now looking forward to having them both revised, replacing the stems, one at a time, I may add. I've been reading all the posts on revisions. If the femor has...
  2. MaryJane

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    I am in the MPLS/ST.Paul area. I saw my original OS today. We talked about the revisions that I have in my future. He described what they will have to do, which is remove the stem, and most likely will have to do an osteotomy, which means they will have to cut the femor down the length of it...
  3. MaryJane

    Bilateral THR Pinky's New Hips 1/28/13

    Congratulations Pinky, I had my bilats almost 2 years ago now, on June 15th, 2011. At that time it was a more rare occurrance I think, and people seemed surprized to hear it. I see now that there are many of us around. My surgery went well, but I am now having some problems. Good luck to you...
  4. MaryJane

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    Poppy, thanks for posting this where it should have been and Josephine for your helpful reply. I called the OS office today to ask again for a reply from him or his assistant, or an appointment. His PA called me and said my cobalt and chromium levels were a "little" higher this time, but if I...
  5. MaryJane

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    The latest wrinkle in my story is that I was notified by my OS in Sept. that my Stryker hips have been recalled. I had blood tests 11/6/12 for the first time and cobalt was 5.9 and chromium was 2.0. Had an MRI which showed a moderate sized fluid collection on the left hip possibly a seroma. Dr...
  6. MaryJane

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Just came back because of possible revisions of both my hips which I had replaced on June 15, 2011. Now found out that the Stryker implats that were used on both hips have been recalled and have tested very high levels of cobalt and chromium in my blood. Waiting for a call from my OS right now...
  7. MaryJane

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    Thanks Cardie, I needed that! I just get so frustrated when I see my OS. He is so hard to communicate with! You explained it very well, about the soft tissue, and that is what I suspected, since he did not seem to be at all concerned about anything, but he also seemed so unconcerned about my...
  8. MaryJane

    THR Muscle issues 3 months post op THR

    Hi Phillygirl, wondering how you are doing now, and if you got your pain issues resolved. I am still having mine, and am starting to search again for answers. Hope you are feeling great!
  9. MaryJane

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    I am no longer patient! It's been a year now. I saw my OS last Thursday and learned absolutely nothing! He bareley speaks, and never answers my questions. He sends in his Physician Assistant to talk to me about all my issues. I told her everything, including the pain in my outside thigh(IT...
  10. MaryJane

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    Hey, thanks you all for the referrals to excercises, and good wishes all around. I haven't been posting much and just looked at some posts in my thread so should update you all. Obviously, I'm still having back pain and leg pain. Both of my thighs hurt in the muscle along the side, or the IT...
  11. MaryJane

    THR Muscle issues 3 months post op THR

    Just reading your updates Phillygirl and I am still having very similar issues but have been lax about letting my OS know. I have severe lower back pain, tenderness at the hips (both, I had bilateral) and pain down the It band to my knee, at first only right side, but now left also. I am 11...
  12. MaryJane

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    I need advice from the experts about the noise in my left hip, it is a clicking noise with various movements and it just started a few weeks ago. I read the posts on Noises and they referred to noise shortly after surgery, this started 7 months after surgery. Should I call my doctor or is it...
  13. MaryJane

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    Just a little update on my recovery. It's a little over 7 months and for the most part I think I am doing well. I still have some problems with my back and sometimes have that pain in my right IT band. I get really stiff when sitting down but mostly I think it's my back. I have great range...
  14. MaryJane

    Bilateral THR Both Sides NOW!

    Hi Deb, I just found your post. I had both hips done June 15th, posterior approach. Although I wouldn't say it was a piece of cake, I wouldn't do it any other way. I live in a 5 level house and the hospital would only let me stay 3 days after surgery so I went to re-hab for 4 days, just...
  15. MaryJane

    Bilateral THR Bilateral Hip slow progress!

    Lauri, I had bilats done over 6 months ago, and have had some of the same symptoms you have. My right leg is much weaker than my left, it has less range of motion and I have pain down the outside part of my femur to my knee and sometimes feel that weakness you spoke of that makes me think my...
Back
Top Bottom