Recent content by marcsgirl102

  1. marcsgirl102

    Not Emotionally ready

    And BTW, @Sommers16 's post is superb. I agree with her entirely. :ok:
  2. marcsgirl102

    Not Emotionally ready

    @Big Sky 1 Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad what I'm saying is helpful. :-) Pre-op anxiety is 100% normal. Not fun, I grant you, but normal. I try to use the analogy of flying to help reduce it a bit. We only hear about the plane crashes, not the normal flights, so people who don't...
  3. marcsgirl102

    THR SO excited, Hip #2 went GREAT!<

    OK, perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "struggle." The pain I am still experiencing, when I experience it, is in my groin. It is not a big deal, it is not of great concern, I was just asking about the physiology of it.
  4. marcsgirl102

    Not Emotionally ready

    Thank you for the compliment, @Horseshoe, but believe me--you would NOT want me as your ortho nurse!! :-)) Despite 30 years of working as an RN, I've never been a big fan of working with wounds. My expertise is in helping folks with the emotional and psychological side of things, such as pre-...
  5. marcsgirl102

    THR Through to the other side

    I think you're doing amazingly well, especially given your having to fly solo through the whole experience. My surgery was a day after yours, and my progress has mirrored yours almost exactly. When I have a bout of fatigue, I at least lie down and, if I can, I nap, no matter what time of day...
  6. marcsgirl102

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    Ouch! Well, given everything, it sounds like a wise decision to bow out of PT for a while. Be gentle with yourself. Bilateral hip replacements is a major event and there is absolutely no one-size-fits-all recovery schedule--everyone's journey is unique. BTW, when you are finally able to...
  7. marcsgirl102

    THR SO excited, Hip #2 went GREAT!<

    1. Most of the time, my pain is no higher than a 2-3. Much of the time, it's 0. 2. Percocet 5-325, approx 2x/day as needed. 3. I'm able to do pretty much everything at this point. I'm able to leave the house about every other day for 1 short trip (I get fatigued if it's longer, and I usually...
  8. marcsgirl102

    Bilateral THR Pinched Nerve in Hip?

    I want to echo previous comments about PT not being the magic bullet in this case. I know it seem counterintuitive, and I will admit to be a huge fan of PT for practically every other injury I've ever sustained. But for my 2 hip replacements (18 months apart), I found PT to aggravate things...
  9. marcsgirl102

    Hip and knee

    Is your doctor recommending that both hips and knees be done at the same time??? Or are you just toying around with the idea of asking your docs to do it all done at once? Personally, having had 2 hip replacements 18 months apart, I would never recommend it. But everyone is different.
  10. marcsgirl102

    THR Sudden incision pain and swelling after 4 weeks without!?

    You had a THR 6 weeks ago, everything was great, no problems, then 2 days ago the incision became swollen and painful, and nothing is helping it to improve? Make an appointment to see your doc, pronto. I had something like this happen to me at about 6 weeks post-op with my first hip...
  11. marcsgirl102

    THR SO excited, Hip #2 went GREAT!<

    @Josephine and @Jaycey...maybe you can shed some light on something. My incision site is doing great. Healing up perfectly, with almost no scabbing left, very little pain at the site. The pain I'm still struggling with is mostly in my groin, which is where it was the worst prior to surgery...
  12. marcsgirl102

    Help! Fell five times in 2 days

    Listen to him. Seriously. No ibuprofen (Advil), no Aleve (naproxen), and try to stay away from acetaminophen (Tylenol.) All of these tax the liver, and right now, your liver desperately needs as much rest as possible to heal up.
  13. marcsgirl102

    Bilateral THR Tony2hips Recovery

    @tony2hips Oh Tony...what a horrible ordeal! I am so sorry your experience has been so difficult and frightening...but am equally glad that the worst of it seems to be behind you now. Your up and down moods are not only completely understandable, they are absolutely predictable. We all go...
  14. marcsgirl102

    Help! Fell five times in 2 days

    Holy smokes. You have edema all over your body, including your brain?! DO NOT go home until they have figured out what all this is. Seriously. Do NOT accept any statement that brushes this off, such as "We've ruled out the serious things..." Something is definitely going on and they need to...
  15. marcsgirl102

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    Good! Do those exercises faithfully, but only to the point of discomfort. (Don't push into the pain, like they always tell you to do in those dumb exercise videos!! :-)) And yes, just be conscious of your posture and remind yourself to stand as straight as you can. Leaning over puts a lot of...
Back
Top Bottom