Guest viewing is limited

THR SO excited, Hip #2 went GREAT!<

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "struggle." The pain I am still experiencing, when I experience it, is in my groin. It is not a big deal, it is not of great concern, I was just asking about the physiology of it.
 
Oh, my apologies. Well to answer your question:
The pain I'm still struggling with is mostly in my groin, which is where it was the worst prior to surgery. I'm having trouble understanding the physiology of this. Does the arthritis sort of "tear up" the tissue surrounding the joint? Is that what I'm feeling--the healing of the surrounding tissue? Or is this maybe still the trauma of the surgery and I'm just feeling it in my groin?
It's nothing to do with the condition pre-op, it is ALL to do with the surgery! And 'in your groin' is where the hip joint is and you're only 3½ weeks out so yes, it will continue to hurt for some weeks.

Did you read these articles from the group Jaycey left you in post #6?
Healing: how long does it take?
Activity progression for THRs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom