Help! Fell five times in 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not - I was wrong to be so pushy. I really truly thought today was Tuesday!
But don't pay any attention to me, I'm getting old! :old:
 
@liucheang please report back when you are able. We are very concerned for you.

Praying the doctor can get to the bottom of what is causing this. I can imagine how frightening this must be.
 
@Josephine I can't believe the scrapes are opening and getting redder and hotter.. I hope this will not be a problem.

My Dr. Do not like antibiotics until cultured. He will do it tomorrow. Do you think too much Polysporin is not good?
 
I don't know why I am having problems with some of my posting.

The Dr thinks I may have some neurological issues. So I will have to have tests in the hospital ER. I don't know why I'm not scared of this. I am more worried about all the scrapes and pus. He took a culture of a huge one.

He thinks my falling may be a small stroke or a concussion. He said my brain is a bit swollen. At least I'm still breathing LOL He does not think it is anything serious. But he did say to go to the ER just in case...CT of the brain?. But he told me not to worry.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Josephine I am in the US, Er wait triage is crazy. My vitals are not too bad, so maybe 5 hours to get the scans. Tons of folks. The Polysporin is very painful. It makes it redder. You are always right.
 
I have a lot of edema. It is all over my body. I should have known from not being able to put on my shoes. It is in my brains and all over my feet and ankles. The ER gave me a lot of tests...CT...blood...I don't understand. I cannot believe how long they make me wait. I guess it was a bad night there. I feel very sick They said my CT of my abdominal shows a bad liver. My brain CT is ok. SO, they are sending it to my Dr. I am again thinking whatever. Thanks for being helpful. I feel sick now though.
 
Hang in there. Is there someone you can call to be with you? You sound like you could do with some real life support.
 
Holy smokes. You have edema all over your body, including your brain?! DO NOT go home until they have figured out what all this is. Seriously. Do NOT accept any statement that brushes this off, such as "We've ruled out the serious things..." Something is definitely going on and they need to find out exactly what that is.

As for the polysporin, it sounds like you may have developed a sensitivity, or maybe even an allergy, to it. Clearly it's not helping, so I'd suggest that you stop using it until the doctor can more thoroughly assess what's going on. And you might want to hold off putting alcohol on it, too. It can irritate the already inflamed tissue. You need to see specialists--a GP may have general ideas about what's going on, but a neurologist and/or dermatologist should be able to zero in on these issues more efficiently.

Do PLEASE let us know how you are and what they found!
 
Sorry I feel so. bad I can't type. But it has a good thing, I am not freaking out. My doc said the edema from the reports is my liver, too much Aleve for over 12 years. But I need it. I am ok with it. I know folks who have worse then I.

I will have to take a different pain killer. But my feet are VERY swollen though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@liucheang I am so glad you are in a place where you can get care. Yes, using NSAIDs over an extended period can cause issues with your liver. I get this reminder constantly from my GP. I hope they can an alternative medication for your pain.

Hang in there!
 
Listen to him. Seriously. No ibuprofen (Advil), no Aleve (naproxen), and try to stay away from acetaminophen (Tylenol.) All of these tax the liver, and right now, your liver desperately needs as much rest as possible to heal up.
 
@marcsgirl102 What is bad is it's hard to open my eyes, they're so swollen and blurry. This is serious . The Dr says my alt, ast and bilirubin are high. And he palpate my liver and he said it is enlarged. The CT saids fatty liver. He ask what I've eaten lately. I've been putting baking soda in my water to help with my gerd and he said that is very high in sodium, which causes edema. But it is so good for my teeth.Whatever. Everything that's good for me disagree with me LOL.
 
@liucheang ....am I understanding correctly that you are in the hospital?
 
My doc said the edema from the reports is my liver, too much Aleve for over 12 years. But I need it. I am ok with it.
But you're NOT okay with it. I agree with Alison - you must stop taking these drugs NOW
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom