Recent content by M1ke

  1. M1ke

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    That's pretty funny. I stopped in this morning.... First time in weeks really. Then I see you stopped in also. Must be a school thing. Glad to hear your doing so well! I'll be racing my first bike race since the surgery Saturday!
  2. M1ke

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    That is absolutely a huge district. I couldn't imagine. :) School let out Friday with Monday as a grading day. I'll be helping the sub polish up the grading and getting them submitted.
  3. M1ke

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    Haha we meaning both of us/ all of us. I don't know if a teacher exists that doesn't deal with this at least on some levels. Some much more than others I'm sure! 2500 scares the heck out of me! We are at 1700 I think. Reynolds HS where the shooting occurred is the largest high school in...
  4. M1ke

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    Yes really really awful. I wonder what the climate will be like in that school next year in the wake of all that. In reading emails from my school the principal put security and all the VPs on heightened security. He made sure more adults were in the hallways. Your completely right. We deal...
  5. M1ke

    How fast did your hip decline?

    Mostly bike riding for me. But in the last days that irritated it so much I could barely walk the next few days. I was lucky I only had a couple months no excercise. Coming off a racing season I was pretty strong to begin with also. Just lucky. But I'd stick with swimming if that works for...
  6. M1ke

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    Hi, Yes very close. The school is probably 5 miles away so it really is a neighboring school for us. Terrible thing really.... I wasn't at school so I dont know how many of our students were affected. I do know that one teacher that I used to coach cross country with was in the locker room...
  7. M1ke

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    Have an awesome dinner! I'm such a foodie that I find myself want to know what you had :)
  8. M1ke

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    Ya you can say that again. Surfing beats just about anything!
  9. M1ke

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    '][/URL] Sorry for the double. Man I had a lot of fun today! But.... Kinda overdid it a bit. Happy to say I know the limit now :)
  10. M1ke

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    Here's to you living a long way from there. At least I hope anyway. So scary. Can you post a link to any news reports?
  11. M1ke

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    Wow don't know what to say except I'm really sorry that all happened..... Pretty crazy to have something like that happen practically in the family. I mean that's the stuff you read about in the news but never really expect it to happen within your family or friend group. Concentrate on your...
  12. M1ke

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    You know it's easy to see why so many people recommend getting this surgery if you need it. I'm barely out and feel less pain and able to do more things than before. At only 4 weeks. I'm really in awe of it all and was anticipating a long recovery.
  13. M1ke

    THR Psychteach is ready to move on to the other side

    At least an inch shorter than mine. Good for you!
  14. M1ke

    THR Things couldn't have gone better. Minor hiccup but all is good.

    Thanks everyone. Things are going really well. I was a little concerned at my lack of energy last week but this week things seem a tad better. I had a 33 mile ride today and yeah I'm tired but not exhausted like last week. I appreciate all the support! @psychteach that's awesome your on...
Back
Top Bottom