Recent content by Leedogmom2

  1. L

    THR Made it to the Other Side!

    Good morning, I am 6 months post-op and have some concerns to ask about. I have a message into my surgeon, as well. I am concerned about possible impingement issues. When I am stretching, laying on my back and bringing my knee to my chest, I feel/hear a popping sensation in my hip. I don’t...
  2. L

    THR Post Op Struggles

    Good luck to you, @Annekin ! I’m very interested in your story. I, too, had back issues before my hip replacement (disc degeneration, 2 bulging discs, etc.). My back had calmed down with all the rest due to my hip and my surgery, but now that my hip is feeling good (just about 4 months post...
  3. L

    THR Onward and upward

    So happy to hear you are doing well! @Cillacat
  4. L

    THR Made it to the Other Side!

    Good luck to you, as well, @Deni444 !
  5. L

    THR Made it to the Other Side!

    Thank you, @Layla ❤️
  6. L

    THR Made it to the Other Side!

    Hi everyone! I had my 3-month post-op appointment with my surgeon this morning. I met with the PA first who said I am “crushing it”, in regards to my recovery. We went over the muscle tightness/pains I feel & she reassured me that these are normal and I’m doing everything I should be to help...
  7. L

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    @Trotter…I am just about 3 months post-op, so right behind you. I still struggle with those first few steps after sitting for a while. Sometimes, it’s not as bad as others. I, too, will stand for a couple seconds before I take a step. I’m hoping this is something that will improve more as we...
  8. L

    THR left it TOO long: Left THR Posterior

    Happy healing! Take care of yourself. It only gets better from here
  9. L

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    I love your honest posts, @msart! I’m only at 2 1/2 months from surgery, so well behind you. I’m one to push myself, too, so it’s been quite a reality check throughout this recovery to keep myself in check. I was doing some exercises & stretches that were causing more soreness & stiffness & once...
  10. L

    THR Time to commit?

    I had a spinal with sedation and it was great. The only issue I had was that it took a long time for the spinal to wear off in the recovery room. But waking up from the sedation was much quicker than general & I didn’t feel so out of it. Good luck!
  11. L

    THR Made it to the Other Side!

    Hi everyone….wanted to check in with my 8-wk post op update. Things seem to be improving all the time. I’ve been able to extend my walks, little by little. We live back in the woods off the main road and this morning I was able to walk all the way out to the main road for the first time! I’m...
  12. L

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    I am 8 weeks out from surgery & still sleeping in a recliner, too. Some nights, I can sleep for a portion of the night on my futon. However, most nights I end up right back in the recliner. At this point, I’m just accepting it. Unfortunately, I have back issues & that is what bothers me while...
  13. L

    THR Made it to the Other Side!

    6 1/2 wks post-op & finally slept in bed last night! Up until now, I’ve been sleeping in a recliner. I tried the bed the night before, but only made it 1/2 the night. Last night I made it all night & slept on my side for the 1st time. It’s really these little milestones that help the recovery...
  14. L

    THR Fall 8 months post THR

    I have the clicking/rubbing sensation, too. I am 6 1/2 wks post surgery, so not as far along as you are. I find that the tighter my leg & hip muscles feel, the more I get that sensation. After reading others’ experiences on here, I’m thinking it’s just those tight muscles settling in around the...
  15. L

    THR Onward and upward

    Hi @Cillacat ! Happy 6 wk anniversary! I am still using my cane, too….pretty much just like you. If I’m just walking around the house, fixing dinner, etc., I don’t use it. But, when I first get up in the morning or during the night for the potty visit, I do use it. I’m still having some soreness...
Back
Top Bottom