Recent content by Laceylake

  1. Laceylake

    THR Journal THR #2 10/6/15, 1st in 2006

    Hi @hippywoman wondered what doctor said. I have been suffering menicscus tear, going in for surgery 8-24, 2 years to the day from THR. He will also be scraping arthritis, sounds fun. I too have been having groin pain, aches but if I push in it it's sore. Today my whole hip hurts but attribute...
  2. Laceylake

    Waiting in pain for thr

    I had a lot of pain for years before they finally figured out it was the hip. I tried the shot which did not help and that made me gave to wait three months before surgery. Tylenol doesn't work for me but I lived on Motrin 800 every six hours and iced whenever possible. At the end I did start...
  3. Laceylake

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    Hi Crickethip, I just hit my one year milestone 8-24-16, had my checkup and he said that my bone is growing around the prosthesis nicely and that there are no gaps. He said he was very proud of himself...LOL I ride a stationary bike 3 to 6 miles, I try every day but hit every other. I can tell...
  4. Laceylake

    THR OUCH !!!<

    Hi, I will be a year in August but still have problems now and then. It I let my muscles get stuff by sitting too much I get pain in groin area but close to the pubic area which is a muscle also a muscle in the back of thigh. Where is the pain you are having? Tell us what your doctor says, good...
  5. Laceylake

    Sexual Activity After Bilateral THR's

    I would suggest talking to your surgeon probably depends how rough you are talking. Some of my friends who ride horses, some still can and others were told no. Everyday sex won't be a problem but maybe no trapeze work lol
  6. Laceylake

    Knee Infection Help!!!...WC claims not responsible for infection

    @Partydi, I really can't help in a way you would like for comp. However, I had LTHR and was told that even a UTI could pass infection to hip and to be very careful and if even a suspicion should be checked out and anibiotics taken if there was a problem. I take these when I have dental work or...
  7. Laceylake

    THR One week and started having groin pain<<

    Hi, I am 6 months the 24th. I have had a lot if IT band problems but have been told by therapy I am not moving enough. Hard to walk here in US with snow so bout. Recumbent bike. This does seem to help that problem but I have groin discomfort also, aches no shooting pain. Not sure why, I read...
  8. Laceylake

    Bilateral THR Topgun's Recovery Thread

    Hi Topgun, thought I would step in. So glad all is going well. I am 6 months this month, I have a little stiffness and soreness still at the scar where the IT band was cut so I was told by surgeon. I have a lot of IT band pain to my knee which makes walking difficult at times. He sent me to...
  9. Laceylake

    THR Laceylake recovery thread - dizzy

    @Jaycey I have a question about the IT band. I have a lot of pain with this, not continual but often, went to therapy where they rolled it and used deep tissue instruments along with stretching. When I do have pain it is hard to walk. I am 6 months this month, they gave me stretching which I do...
  10. Laceylake

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I agree with each and every one of you. I can say I really had no one to confide in or talk to, I didn't know these forums existed. I walked into the hospital, through the doors, checked in. I remember being called but I was so petrified, I remember hardly anything until 2 days later when I left...
  11. Laceylake

    THR Laceylake recovery thread - dizzy

    Hi, been gone a bit but I am now at 5 months and have a question. At my last appointment with surgeon we discussed the thigh pain. He said it was the T band he had cut through this and suggested therapy to roll it since I can't really get to it properly. I spent 6 weeks stretching, rolling and...
  12. Laceylake

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @redduke hi, was just checking on you, I see you are getting some good advice, glad this site is working for you just remember you can get in touch with Josephine if you have any specific medical questions. good luck, Deb
  13. Laceylake

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    If you ever want a message to go directly to a certain person, like Shiv said, put the @ just before their name, like with me @Laceylake , the name will come up and you tap it message goes directly to them.
  14. Laceylake

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    Hi Simon, glad to see you took my advice you will get the help you need from this site, Jaycey and Josephine and everyone else will take good care of you.:welome:
  15. Laceylake

    THR Laceylake recovery thread - dizzy

    Oh and antibiotics before teeth cleaning, colonoscopies etc for lifetime..only had to take one before the cleaning. Small price to pay I think.....
Back
Top Bottom